Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

MaryAnna 02-20-2010 05:40 PM

Hey Bill,
Being the bold & brazen one, I'll go ahead with my idea, but will wait until I get February done. First I've got to iron the January one so the seams lie flat! Silly me....taking pictures before ironing!
Will Claudia's list the new block on the 1st?
Have a great evening,
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

Lockeb 02-20-2010 06:58 PM

MaryAnna,
Yes, supposedly, each month the new pattern will be listed on the 1st....For February I checked in on Feb. 01st and it was there....they are very up-to-date! :-)
I think you have a great idea for your quilt!
Bill

MaryAnna 02-20-2010 07:19 PM

Bill,
I'm glad to hear that there is a quilt shop that has their act together! I'll post pictures of the rows done as I've stated....and now to find the right backing fabric because it will show on the front inbetween the rows. Any suggestions?
How's everyone else doing on their blocks?
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

JanieW 02-21-2010 07:52 AM

MaryAnna,

Good job! Love your fabrics. I like your fun and done idea. I'm going to stick with the traditional way to quilt it as I want to practise SITD.

I was hoping to see lots more pictures given the number of us taking part. Hopefully there will be lots more by next week.

I'm looking forward to seeing what March will be. Going to go through my greens in anticipation.

Janie

Lockeb 02-21-2010 08:18 AM

Yep, I'm thinking that we will be will all be seeing Green on March 1st..... :-)

ligia 02-21-2010 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My pinwheels came out light... lets see what next colors are and
if I´m brave enough to redo Jan. row ... :cry:

Jan. Feb. Rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16170[/ATTACH]

Lockeb 02-21-2010 01:09 PM

Ligia,
I think that you did a wonderful job - I really wouldn't even think of redoing the snowflakes - if anything they even look 'snowy' to me and I love the look/color......I love your Jan/Feb combo!!!
Now we are all getting ready for March..

Come on everyone - how are the Jan and Feb. rows coming...we need more pictures!!!!!

Bill

JanieW 02-21-2010 01:51 PM

ligia,
I agree with Bill. Your snowflakes look really good. So do your hearts. January was killer for me, triangles and matching points taunt me, so I wouldn't do it over.

Lockeb 02-21-2010 01:57 PM

OH, I agree..this little January triangles were the smallest I've ever worked with.....do you think that the pieces can get smaller than that...I do doubt it.. :-)

JanieW 02-21-2010 03:41 PM

If they get smaller than that, Bill, I'm in trouble! My friend does miniature log cabins that uses 3/4" strips so by the time you take up the seam allowances, there's not much there. At least those are straight, no triangles. Did I mention I hate triangles? :-)