Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

JanieW 03-12-2010 03:24 PM

MaryAnna.
Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I loved your BOM. That is truly gorgeous fabric. I will have to save my Euros in case I come across something similar there. We'll have to live on ketchup soup for the next month so I can have Euros for fabric! :)

Off to research quilt shops in Paris!

RoseofSharon, good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

roseOfsharon 03-13-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW
MaryAnna.
Sure come on along! We are going on our own, no tour so it will be an adventure for sure.

I loved your BOM. That is truly gorgeous fabric. I will have to save my Euros in case I come across something similar there. We'll have to live on ketchup soup for the next month so I can have Euros for fabric! :)

Off to research quilt shops in Paris!

RoseofSharon, good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Oh do have a wonderful time in Paris! woot! I have not gotten the shamrock under my belt! I just cannot seem to wrap my sewing machine around it LOL I did go ahead and do the hearts and started the shamrocks today. They seem simple compared to the snowflakes!

I will look forward to hearing all about your adventures in Paris.. Have fun.

Sharon

Lockeb 03-14-2010 05:06 AM

JanieW,,,,
Have a wonderful trip...are you going outside of Paris....I have a friend, Vero, who owns the most magnificent quilt shop in Fontagny.......it's called BORN TO QUILT

www.borntoquilt.fr

If you do get that way - tell her I am sending big hugs....

Everyone else - so exciting to see everyone moving along on the rows..YIPPEE!!! We'll have a new row to add in about 2 weeks.....

roseOfsharon 03-14-2010 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Woot! well I have struggled and ripped out and gave up on the snowflake... went ahead and made February and March blocks.... But... I was not giving up on Janurary, sooooooo I looked over the pattern directions and still felt it just is too small to work with lol.. so I decided to cut the blues lt, and dk but not cut them twice diagonally. Doing so, I sewed the blues together right sides together down the center of the triangle and then cut the 1/4" walla I had the shape and sewn.. then sewed it to the white triangle. Wow, am I happy to say I have ONE made :) and it is just fine in my eyes.. (beginner here) Here is a picture of it!

Snowflake #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9770[/ATTACH]

heidikins 03-14-2010 03:14 PM

Great job! I still haven't started....pulled fabrics, just gotta dive in! Heidi

Quilter7x 03-14-2010 03:33 PM

Awesome Sharon! Your pinwheel is beautiful.

Somehow, I started on the hearts. Just need to sew the left side to the right side, then sash them and that row will be done. I'll post a picture when I finish them.

roseOfsharon 03-14-2010 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok , I took pictures of the Hearts and Shamrocks..

Hearts and Shamrocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9773[/ATTACH]

Closer look
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9774[/ATTACH]

roseOfsharon 03-14-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by heidikins
Great job! I still haven't started....pulled fabrics, just gotta dive in! Heidi

Thanks heidi! It has been a trip figuring out the snowflake! Good Luck.

roseOfsharon 03-14-2010 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Somehow, I started on the hearts. Just need to sew the left side to the right side, then sash them and that row will be done. I'll post a picture when I finish them.

Smiling! thanks Diane. Look forward to seeing yours. Course I still have 8 more snowflakes to do lol.

Quilter7x 03-14-2010 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Originally Posted by Quilter7x

Smiling! thanks Diane. Look forward to seeing yours. Course I still have 8 more snowflakes to do lol.

Here's what I have so far. I want to make some more hearts, then play with the fabrics to see which ones I want duplicates of.

I love how you made your hearts with other than red fabrics! Gives me ideas for some of the other blocks! :D