Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mystery Quilt - Claudia's Quilt Shoppe (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mystery-quilt-claudias-quilt-shoppe-t35845.html)

roseOfsharon 06-02-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
roseOfsharon, if you go back to February where we did the piecing of the square over the corners of the heart sections, that is the technique we are using again here for the bowties. Once you do that to each of the 4 squares, it's just a matter of sewing them together as shown to get each block. A quick review of Feb. and you'll be ready to make bowties!!

Thank you wildyard, I will do just that! Thinking I may make the bowties before doing May's! I cannot believe how I have let myself fall behind as I have!

:|

MaryAnna 06-03-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon

Originally Posted by wildyard
roseOfsharon, if you go back to February where we did the piecing of the square over the corners of the heart sections, that is the technique we are using again here for the bowties. Once you do that to each of the 4 squares, it's just a matter of sewing them together as shown to get each block. A quick review of Feb. and you'll be ready to make bowties!!

Thank you wildyard, I will do just that! Thinking I may make the bowties before doing May's! I cannot believe how I have let myself fall behind as I have!

roseOfsharon, I've fallen behind myself so don't feel bad, this isn't a race, so no rush! It will get done and look beautiful!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
PS. Yes, I'm working on May's row tonight.

:|

MaryAnna 06-03-2010 01:29 PM

ligia, your quilt is looking awesome! Great bow ties!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

Lockeb 06-03-2010 01:51 PM

Sharon,
You will do just find - just PM any of us if you need some help...we are just a message away...same goes out to anyone who needs a bit of help!!!! JUST SHOUT :-)
Bill

ligia 06-03-2010 02:16 PM

Hi everyone,
Thanks !!! :-)

MaryAnna 06-04-2010 03:52 AM

I finished May's row late last night...real late, or early this morning! I'll post when I get the June row done.
My question is: is anyone else running out of background fabric? I'm down to just shy of 3/4 of a yard left and had a thought. I'm thinking I'll have to do a scrappy background for my quilt; perhaps June, July & August done with another background as my background fabric will run out before we're done. Has anyone else run into this situation? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

prezzy 06-04-2010 04:47 AM

Yes, I am running out of fabric also. I started a new fabric. Going for the scrappy look.

roseOfsharon 06-04-2010 01:35 PM

I would have MaryAnna, but I saw that Bill had said we might run short back in February (thinking),so I went straight out and bought more of the same material! So I am thinking I am ok for the duration.

Your idea does sound interesting though!

Sharon :)

Lockeb 06-04-2010 01:47 PM

Yes, I was afraid earlier on that I would run short...I posted my fabric here and someone actually found it for me so I ended up with another yard or so..so I should be ok....

Just an idea - but I have a storage box for this project alone..and any fabric that I use in any of the blocks - no matter how small..even from my scraps..it's all going back into this box - all of the balance pieces....I figure that during the quilt top experience, I may be able to use the same fabric somewhere else ..but mainly I am thinking that perhaps at the end of it all..the extra pieces may be useful to piece together a pieced or piano key border, etc....and it will bring the colors used in the quilt rows into the border and they will coordinate well with each other....

Just an idea.... :-)

roseOfsharon 06-04-2010 01:50 PM

OooOoooo cool idea Bill! I may have some of each left myself! Are we to make up our own border for this quilt top once we have finished with the rows??