Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need Help - Color Order Spicy Spiral Table Runner (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-help-color-order-spicy-spiral-table-runner-t147417.html)

OWALK718 08-23-2011 06:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have these scraps that I want to use to practice making the Spicy Spiral Table Runner. My problem is - I don't know which order I should put them in. Let's go with a numbering system from left to right being 1 through 8. You all are so knowledgeable when it comes to color choices. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Spiral Table Runner Choices
[ATTACH=CONFIG]246039[/ATTACH]

auntpiggylpn 08-23-2011 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OWALK718
I have these scraps that I want to use to practice making the Spicy Spiral Table Runner. My problem is - I don't know which order I should put them in. Let's go with a numbering system from left to right being 1 through 8. You all are so knowledgeable when it comes to color choices. I'd appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a copier? if so, make a black and white copy of the fabrics. It will give you the gray scale of the fabrics and then you could put them in order of darkest to lightest

Edit: I copied your picture and changed it to black and white in windows and this is what it came up as. .. .

OWALK718 08-23-2011 06:48 PM

Thanks - I try that.

OWALK718 08-23-2011 06:58 PM

You're quick on the draw. I just printed it also on my printer. Thanks for all your help.

auntpiggylpn 08-23-2011 06:59 PM

No problem!!! I have this pattern and the wedge tool, bought it about 3 months ago. They are sitting on shelf, waiting patiently to be used. . . . lol!

erstan947 08-23-2011 07:15 PM

I have made several. I find that what ever fabric/color on the outsides will stand out. I like to use a fabric in the center that has both of those colors in it. I looked at the photo on the pattern maybe you can see what I'm referring to. The center has a lighter strip or 2. Anyway you do it, it will look great! Your fabrics are very nice. Keep us posted on your progress:) Bottom line there is not right or wrong.

OWALK718 08-23-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I have made several. I find that what ever fabric/color on the outsides will stand out. I like to use a fabric in the center that has both of those colors in it. I looked at the photo on the pattern maybe you can see what I'm referring to. The center has a lighter strip or 2. Anyway you do it, it will look great! Your fabrics are very nice. Keep us posted on your progress:) Bottom line there is not right or wrong.

Thanks I'm trying to switch those light ones around now.

emt2004 08-24-2011 09:11 AM

Im also having a hard time with colors, I will post a picture of my fabric later. I have to go shopping right now..........Michele

emt2004 08-24-2011 02:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the pieces I decidied to use. What order do u think would look ok for the spicy spiral table runner? Thanks for your help, Michele

auntpiggylpn 08-24-2011 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by emt2004
Here are the pieces I decidied to use. What order do u think would look ok for the spicy spiral table runner? Thanks for your help, Michele

i did the same thing for your picture. I put it in gray scale so you can see color values of the fabrics.