Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Need Opinion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/need-opinion-t69019.html)

MadQuilter 10-08-2010 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tippy
Hmm.. what about using a neutral .. like dk gray or black and alternate the cornerstones of fabric from all 4 cards?

What a great idea.

NoBetz 10-08-2010 11:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I layed a few out on black piece of fabric with a colored cornerstone. I don't have any other black fabric right now. But I can pick some up next week. How does this look?

Norma

KathyAire 10-08-2010 11:24 AM

I would like to see a fabric with pink, blue, green & yellow in it. I'm not sure if it would look good. If they were my blocks, I would take one to the fabric store and audition some printed fabric with those colors. I'm looking at a striped fabric that I have with those colors in it, thinking something like it would be good.

deema 10-09-2010 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by dvseals

Originally Posted by jdeery
I would do black and the corner stones, in the four corner as a 4 patch block, then the binding use strips of every color end to end and it would really cool going around the black. Good luck, please post when done.

I like this idea, sounds like those blocks would practically pop right off the quilt.

I love this idea too!

deema 10-09-2010 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by NoBetz
Ok I layed a few out on black piece of fabric with a colored cornerstone. I don't have any other black fabric right now. But I can pick some up next week. How does this look?

Norma

I LOVE it! That is absolutely what I would do.

merrylouw 10-09-2010 04:48 AM

I love the way you laid it out with black sashing and 4 patch in the corners. Beautiful blocks.

KR 10-09-2010 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tippy
Hmm.. what about using a neutral .. like dk gray or black and alternate the cornerstones of fabric from all 4 cards?

I agree....black would be stunning, and use all 4 colors for cornerstones. Be sure to post a photo when you're finished....thanks for sharing.

Mailmanldy 10-09-2010 05:35 AM

If you decide to do the black with the 4 patch cornerstone, I would rotate the blocks and the 4 patches, so that the color in the block was closest to the same color in the cornerstone (if that makes sense). In your picture the blocks on the right are the the way I would place the color in the cornerstone, where on the left they aren't. I think that would give the quilt some symmetry.

This is one of the reasons I love my EQ... I can recreate the blocks in the program, and play around with different ideas on what I want for sashing, borders etc until I find something I like.

LoisN 10-09-2010 05:40 AM

Love the pic of the 4-patch cornerstones and black sashing. That's a winner in my book.

Valerie Scherr 11-08-2010 12:39 PM

would use a blue and black for the corner stones ...
enjoying our November weather...