Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Never thought I was ADD - current projects (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/never-thought-i-add-current-projects-t148442.html)

JanTx 08-27-2011 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a teacher and think I know what Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) looks like, but never saw it in myself, until .... I found that I flit between projects like a hummingbird - with the attention span of a flea! Right now I'm doing a block from the Farmer's Wife Sampler that has (for me anyway) teeny tiny tedious pieces. I'll do a bit of that - like cut the pieces out - then go to a Quilts For Kids project with large, simple pieces. I'll do a bit of that - like assemble the 4-patches - then back to the tiny ones.

Anyone else have such varied projects going on?

Edited to add: I just have to be sure I change the speed lever on my machine when I change projects. Those itty bitty pieces don't do well at the speed I sew the bigger blocks!

craftybear 08-27-2011 10:56 PM

cute projects you are making

C.Cal Quilt Girl 08-27-2011 11:04 PM

:).... PWB = Progress without Boredom, kind fun to break the rules, No Quilt Police !! Enjoy:)

heather1949 08-27-2011 11:16 PM

No we all do it from time to time your normal . :-D :thumbup:

tammy cosper 08-27-2011 11:28 PM

I always have more than one project going on. But, then I am ADD.lol So that is how I am in a comfort zone. But I truly do find it helpful when working on something tedious, to go back and forth between it and something simpler. It gives you a chance to relax in your stitching.
A while back I started forcing myself to complete projects before moving on. lol Which is working for me. But when I do get on one with tedious work in it, I still do have a easier project going to bounce between. So don't feel to bad. At least in the end you should end up with 2 finished projects not one. :D :thumbup:

JanTx 08-27-2011 11:31 PM

I always thought I could finish a small, simple quilt top in the time it took me to make one of these blocks - now I know that's true. :)

sewdarnbusy 08-28-2011 02:29 AM

The fact that you come back to them is a good thing. I have ADD and interuptions often lead to never coming back to a project. I have a ton of UFO's. When I start something, I am in a hurry to finish. If I walk away for too long, I lose interest.

debcavan 08-28-2011 02:31 AM

What ever works for you. Some people do one at a time. I have them at all different phases so that if I feel like sewing, I can, if I feel like quilting, I can.

mesue 08-28-2011 02:52 AM

My old quilt guild dubbed me the queen of unfinished projects. Fixed that problem by selling some of them at a quilters garage sale. I get excited by starting something new but will lose interest if it is taking too long to make. Sometimes I need some inspiration to finish stuff (like my Double Irish Chain that I started 15 years ago and is now being quilted).

ritamaew 08-28-2011 03:30 AM

I thought that behavior was a sign of a creative mind.
Rita