Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New Bargello background for next quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-bargello-background-next-quilt-t231640.html)

ckcowl 10-03-2013 04:06 AM

New Bargello background for next quilt

1 Attachment(s)
my hubby has had a 'special request' in for sometime...he envisioned a quilt that I've put off & put off- first I just couldn't get my mind around it- then I just always had other projects going...when my niece called with a new quilt request hubby said---'I guess i'm never going to get *my* quilt' so I decided I should get at his next- his starts with a bargello background- to me one of the hardest things about doing a bargello is getting 14+ fabrics picked out & lined up in a good flow- so, I grabbed all of the blues I had on my shelves- walked out & put the stack on the coffee table & told him....I need 14 blues- arranged light to dark back to light...he sat down & sorted through them, put them in the order he wanted...I was unsure but said...ok....then I took them to the sewing room, cut the needed 2" strips of each one. laid the strips out in the order he had chosen and made him come in for another look (since sometimes fabrics look differently once they are cut into narrow strips) he walked in, looked- said 'yup- that's it' and walked back out. I spent the next few days sewing everything together- finished the top yesterday & laid it out on my bed...and was *ASTOUNDED!* they are beautiful! it glows! the pic does not give it justice! I thoughts....'seems a shame i'm going to applique all over this top- it's beautiful!' so, when he got home I showed him- he is really happy with the 'background' but not so much that it changes anything- so the appliques- continuation of the quilt goes on. had to share this part- then we can see how it started when it is finished... :D

catladyquilts 10-03-2013 04:19 AM

The bargello by itself is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the applique on it. Great job so far.

IzzysGrammie 10-03-2013 04:33 AM

Oh I LOVE this!! My next quilt is going to be a Bargello for a granddaughter hopefully for Christmas.... well, after I finish the two I have pieced. Great job!!!

Tartan 10-03-2013 04:35 AM

Gorgeous and it reminds me of ocean waves! I am thinking that the light area on the right bottom side would be a perfect place for a whale fluke appliqué?

QUILTNMO 10-03-2013 04:38 AM

its gorgous i love the colors!!!!

Marcia_PA 10-03-2013 04:39 AM

Wow! I like it. Your husband has a good eye for color and value. Your bargello is lovely.

Grandma Bonnie 10-03-2013 04:57 AM

Very beautiful! I love it as it is but can't wait to see what you do with the applique!

gabeway 10-03-2013 05:04 AM

Love the blues! Looking forward to seeing end result!

gsbuffalo 10-03-2013 05:06 AM

that is very pretty

nunnyJo 10-03-2013 05:16 AM

ahh, love bargello