Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   new craft sale stuff and update (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-craft-sale-stuff-update-t12367.html)

barnbum 10-18-2008 12:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I promised myself I'd not make one more item that requires a binding, so that leaves doll blankets, pillowcases and bookmarks. :wink: So today I made some orphan squares into doll blankets.

I'm not good at free motion quilting, as I've discussed with a few trusted friends, my stippling looks like a field of...a field of... swallow anything you have in your mouth...a field of
male private parts. :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:
SO, I changed to loop de loops and I think that ought to help the problem. :roll: :wink: :roll:

I've also recently finished a Talk-About-Quilt, but I think it's sold... a pregnant young woman at school wants it. :D Picture in next group.

The count of completed items to be sold so far is (drum roll, please)
33 bookmarks
15 potholders
2 large hot pads
5 doll blankets
3 baby blankets
6 table runners
4 various sized wall hangings/table toppers
3 lap quilts
1 large quilt (104" square)

Still in need of the binding sewn on the back are
Patriotic Hearts--a table topper--picture below
Wild Thing--a lap quilt-picture below
and 4 table runners

That makes 78 items so far. I still have until Nov 8th. The only thing I'll make from here are pillow cases...I bought lots of cool fabrics for those--remember? I bind at night when I'm too tired to do anything else.

The green sheet in the background is what I bought to be a table cover. I'll post a photo below of the price tags I made.

I saved some gourds to decorate the table with... and I have boxes, etc to put under the sheet to add dimension...

backs of doll blankets
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20115[/ATTACH]

doll quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20116[/ATTACH]

loop-de-loop quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20117[/ATTACH]

barnbum 10-18-2008 12:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The Talk-About is an educational quilt I designed years ago--it comes with a pamphlet to show parents how to use it.

Patriotic Hearts needs the binding sewed on... I love the quilting on that one--see the hearts? I pinned on patterns and machine stitched around with loop-de-loops to the next one. The hearts are done in the ditch. THAT I'm good at. :wink:

See my price tags? The card stock is actually bright yellow!

Talk-About--my own design.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20122[/ATTACH]

Patriotic Hearts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20128[/ATTACH]

price tags to cut out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20129[/ATTACH]

barnbum 10-18-2008 12:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wild Thing--I put a green binding on...

And here's a photo of the table runner I saved for our kitchen table. Actually, I saved two more tops out to decide if I want to keep them. If I don't, they still need sandwiching. Yuck. That's enough for me to let them sit where they are. :wink:

In case you missed this one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20119[/ATTACH]

binding color
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20120[/ATTACH]

Table runner saved for us!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20144[/ATTACH]

mrsj82 10-18-2008 01:07 PM

Wow! That's so great! I'mgetting ready for my own craft fair on the 2nd of November and I'm not at all prepared. I think I'll take a leaf out of your book and get busy!

I went to a fair today and they had little doll blankets and pillows that were made out of the cutest fabric, so I think I'll do that as well!

You're ready to start selling! WOOT! :lol:

bluebird 10-18-2008 01:08 PM

Beautiful work, you should sell everything :D Love the table runner that you saved for yourself.

zyxquilts 10-18-2008 02:20 PM

Amazing Karla! I'm so glad you said to swallow what I had in my mouth....or there would have been ice & water all over my laptop! ROFL

sewjoyce 10-18-2008 02:25 PM

Wow girl -- you've really been working your tail off!!! Here's hoping you sell everything plus take orders :!: :!:

Quilt4u 10-18-2008 02:29 PM

Wow! They all are so beautiful.

barnbum 10-18-2008 02:57 PM

No orders!! That would put me over the edge for sure. :wink: This was a bit more than I planned...and I only tried it this time because I had my summer free. IF I do it again it'll be 100 bookmarks and 40 pillowcases and that's all!! :wink:

Hours and hours of work for 5 hours. If it all sells I'll make enough to buy another horse! :lol:

Chele 10-18-2008 03:39 PM

You've done a great job, Karla! So much stuff! I bet you sell out early! Everyone will love your quilts.