Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New Elvis fabric! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-elvis-fabric-t75271.html)

jw3280 11-09-2010 06:15 PM

Love it!! will be looking for it........

Favorite Fabrics 11-09-2010 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by suezburd
I would like to know if the Elvis pictured actually looks like Elvis. I have seen many fabrics and refuse to buy them because the face doesn't even look like him... Can you post a larger size pic of those so I can see the faces better? As for the others, I like them already. Have a friend who LOVES Elvis, so will be buying this to make something for her if the faces look right.

To tell you the truth... none of the "people" fabrics I've ever seen are photo-realistic. You'll get the definite impression that it's Elvis (or Dorothy, or Lucy) but it won't look like a photograph. All the Elvis fabrics have been made by Cranston, so whether it's the Quilting Treasures brand, VIP brand or VIP Exclusive, it's probably going to come out about the same.

The pictures that I posted are what I found on the "wholesale customers only" section of Cranston's website. I don't have access, at this point, to any larger pictures. Many of the fabric companies no longer print samples on fabric, for shops to choose from; we have to make our choices based on the pictures that we see. And pictures don't always translate perfectly onto fabric.

The Elvis line is from the VIP Exclusive division of Cranston, which means two things:
- it won't be available in chain stores
- you won't be able to get it at chain store prices

These are going to cost your LQS the same as their Quilting Treasures brand, meaning that the retail price is ... well, you're not going to find it at $2 / yard. It's going to be quilt shop prices, because it comes in at a quilt shop cost.

My (semi-educated) guess is that those fabrics from this group that ever DO make it to clearance status are not going to be any of the ones with Elvis on them; it will be the dots or the checks.

amma 11-09-2010 09:56 PM

This is the best Elvis line that I have seen yet :D:D:D
I would buy it all!!

calicocat 11-10-2010 04:14 AM

I love the matching fabric.

littlehud 11-10-2010 10:46 AM

What cool fabrics. I love them.

JuBee 11-10-2010 08:00 PM

I must have some of these. A friend is a BIG Elvis fan and I
make her something for Christmas each year with Elvis fabrick,
if I can find it.

Judy

desertrose 11-11-2010 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
VIP Exclusive (a division of Cranston) is coming out with a new group of Elvis Presley fabrics sometime next year. This is the first new Elvis group in... well, quite a while.

What do you think? Will there be a market for this?

I think the guitars are quite nice and they don't scream "Elvis".

I'm with you the guitar fabric is nice and can have a lot of uses other than "just Elvis" fabric.

Antdebby1 11-11-2010 04:12 PM

I love all of the Elvis fabric!

irenecarter 11-11-2010 10:59 PM

My son and I love the guitars, but his wife really loves Elvis. I can hear her screaming now.

madamekelly 11-11-2010 11:11 PM

I have some Elvis fabric in aqua with his autograph all over it in darker aqua. I have no Idea what I am going to do with it... :oops: