Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New and Improved Sewing 'Room' (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-improved-sewing-room-t10922.html)

PrettyKitty 09-05-2008 12:07 PM

Well, I've been busy this evening, I decided that the area of my living room where I have got my sewing/cutting/pressing/laptop set up is not good, not enough space, too cluttered etc. I do have a spare bedroom, but I prefer to keep my quilting workspace in the living room has it has more power outlets, tv etc. Plus the spare room is for the cats!

So I have re-arranged everything in the living room, added in a desk I have that was not being used, bought a table top ironing board for pressing, and I think it is much better. Have not tested it out practically yet (Fri night is my relax, unwind and have a glass of wine and watch tv night) but I am raring to go tomorrow to carry on with the quilted kitty window seat cushion in my new set up. Before and after pics here...what do you think?

patricej 09-05-2008 12:12 PM

i think i'd like to see those pics :lol:

PrettyKitty 09-05-2008 12:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here we go...

BEFORE
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17818[/ATTACH]

LILIES I BOUGHT MYSELF FOR MY BIRTHDAY LAST WEEK
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17819[/ATTACH]

AFTER
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64987[/ATTACH]

DA Mayer 09-05-2008 12:16 PM

I would like to visit your room, it looks very cozy and fresh, nice to work in, I also would like your ironing board. Hope you get lots done.

mgshaw 09-05-2008 12:20 PM

Very nice!!! How are you liking that new machine?

PrettyKitty 09-05-2008 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Very nice!!! How are you liking that new machine?

Loving it thanks! Got quite a bit done on Wednesday night, it was luxury to use. Nothing fancy, just so much smoother and more reliable than the old one. But don't worry the old one is going back to my parents house tomorrow, its not getting thrown away, bless it.

Knot Sew 09-05-2008 12:34 PM

That looks good, I wish my room was bigger so i could sew in it. I use a bedroom.....I like to be out where stuff is going on. I like your lilies to....gee where are the kitties not in the pictures lol :wink:

PrettyKitty 09-05-2008 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
That looks good, I wish my room was bigger so i could sew in it. I use a bedroom.....I like to be out where stuff is going on. I like your lilies to....gee where are the kitties not in the pictures lol :wink:

Heehee Ruth...look closely on the 'before' pic, under the table and you will see Satchmo! They had hidden away for the after pic though...to them, furniture being moved around usually means the vacuum cleaner is abou to come out, which they hate, so they ran away. But I can assure you that they have since come back out, have inspected the new set up and approve. As I type, Satchmo is lying on the cutting board and Kitchen is under the table trying to eat my toes!

Izy 09-05-2008 02:21 PM

Np stopping you now Pretty kitty....glad you are getting to grips with your new machine....but I have a question...why did you call the cat kitchen??? :D

beachlady 09-05-2008 03:19 PM

Nice cozy area. It looks to clean and neat though to be a sewing area. Get to work!