Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A new quilt from a member in this group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-quilt-member-group-t196583.html)

isewman 08-03-2012 05:13 AM

A new quilt from a member in this group

2 Attachment(s)
There is a member who had posted a picture of this block. I cant remember what her problem was. I think it was to make a smaller block of the picture, she posted. I made a block, in the beginning before , I made this complete quilt top.. My 1st block, was a 13" x 13" block. After I played around with this(her) block, I eventually got a block 12" x12". I layed my blocks out to take a couple pictures. But not sure if to put sashes in between, or sew them all together. Any opinions, I will [ATTACH=CONFIG]353288[/ATTACH]appreciate. Don-isewman I'm not sure how I posted 2 pictures of [ATTACH=CONFIG]353288[/ATTACH]the same quilt.Here is a close up view of this quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]353290[/ATTACH]

erstan947 08-03-2012 05:20 AM

What a beautiful quilt! It sure looks good without the sashing. Which ever you choose it will be perfect! Keep us posted on your choice.

PaperPrincess 08-03-2012 05:46 AM

Don, another beautiful quilt! I actually like the way it looks as you have it layed out. Without sewing the blocks together, it looks like you have narrow sashing between the blocks. I think if you have enough white left, go with a narrow white sashing. The added benefit is that you won't have to match up all those points if you use sashing!

oma66 08-03-2012 05:50 AM

Wow...that is a lot of work. I like it just as you have laid it out...but then I have not seen it with sashing, so anyway you want to do it will make for a beautiful quilt. You have done such a lovely job of making it.

GramaLaura 08-03-2012 05:58 AM

Don, your blocks are beautiful!! I like the sashing idea.....will define each block. Can't wait to see it finished!! Looks like your pooch has claimed a spot :)

Tweety2911 08-03-2012 06:10 AM

Beautiful blocks! Without sashing the blocks create a secondary pattern and with sashing it defines each block. I think it would look beautiful either way!

feline fanatic 08-03-2012 06:11 AM

Another gorgeous quilt in the making Don. I remember the original post you speak of. I think the poster was looking for the name and to do it in 12" size. I know the block as Goose tracks (have also seen it referenced as Lily and Carolina lily) . the block I know is constructed with set in seams and diamonds instead of HST. But as with so many traditional block patterns there are many ways to get the same look. Your assembly is easier and I love the outcome.

crafty pat 08-03-2012 06:13 AM

Your blocks are beautiful. I think it will be a beautiful quilt either way you go with it.

Helen S 08-03-2012 06:42 AM

It's beautiful, Don! I think I'd go with the white sashing.

Chris Anders 08-03-2012 06:56 AM

Beautiful ! You did a great job. I would think the size of the quilt would be my choice regarding the sashing. It looks fairly large so if I wanted it to fit a queen or king size bed I would go with the sashing. It will be nice either way.