Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New quilt top in frame... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-quilt-top-frame-t156153.html)

aorlflood 09-27-2011 04:57 AM

4 Attachment(s)
After my disappointment with my quilting not showing up like I'd like on my whole-cloth quilt, I have decided to quilt this next quilt with a variegated thread. :)

I loaded the quilt top last Thursday. Since the quilting is not as dense on this quilt, I've already turned the rollers twice and I LOVE the way quilt is moving right along! :)

I also LOVE the look of the variegated thread! It adds just a "hint" of color to the stitches so they don't get lost in the fabric. I hope the recipients of this quilt love it, too! LOL (This quilt is for my nephew and his wife....but it's a surprise!) :)

blueangel 09-27-2011 04:58 AM

Pretty

ladypetite 09-27-2011 05:00 AM

I like how your quilting stands out without taking over the show. Very nice.

Judith1005 09-27-2011 05:06 AM

it's beautiful. i love your hand stitching. and i'm going to try my hand at hand quilting a quilt this winter. i really like the stitches showing as well. :D oh, and by the way...i really like your whole cloth quilt. it is beautiful.

dmyers 09-27-2011 05:07 AM

very pretty!

Tartan 09-27-2011 05:09 AM

There is nothing like a hand quilted quilt. I don't do very much of it because I'm so slow but it looks great. You've already turned it twice? Wow that's fast and it looks wonderful!

SueSew 09-27-2011 05:12 AM

Wow, it's beautiful.

I can't tell the thread is variegated - what colors does it vary around? But the hand quilting stitches are so pretty and delicate!

Between the dark and light colors there looks to be maybe a tiny cross-hatch? I can't tell from the photo. Would you tell me what it is? It gives a teeny bit of texture to the stark color-change area.
Lovely lovely work - lucky recipients!

aorlflood 09-27-2011 05:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SueSew
Wow, it's beautiful.

I can't tell the thread is variegated - what colors does it vary around? But the hand quilting stitches are so pretty and delicate!

Between the dark and light colors there looks to be maybe a tiny cross-hatch? I can't tell from the photo. Would you tell me what it is? It gives a teeny bit of texture to the stark color-change area.
Lovely lovely work - lucky recipients!

The colors in the thread are pale, so they aren't real noticeable...just a hint of color to make the stitching stand out a little. It goes from pale pink to beige to pale blue.

I'm not sure what part you are referring to about the "cross-hatch", though. There are two borders...the inner rust-colored border where I used a type of "braid" stencil for the quilting, and an outer blue border.

Hope this answers your questions! :)

the variegated thread I'm using
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263035[/ATTACH]

stencil used in narrow, inner border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]263036[/ATTACH]

Grandma Rosie 09-27-2011 05:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Are you using quilting cotton thread? Where do you get it? It sounds perfect for a quilt I just got onto my quilting frame & am ready to begin.

QuiltnNan 09-27-2011 05:59 AM

looking great so far. i used variegated on my last quilt, and it gives a bit of depth to the quilting.