Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New Sewing Room, Day Two (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-sewing-room-day-two-t16677.html)

purplemem 02-18-2009 12:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today we added the sewing machine (s), the cabinets, and 2 of the bookcases to hold stash.

I still have to add wall shelving, the rest of the fabric, my quilt frame (who knows WHERE that will go :? ), another sewing machine (Rose), and my computer. This 11 x 11 room is getting smaller! :shock:

The darker cabinet with Bubba on it holds Works in Progress, quilts that I will finish this year. I collect all the fabrics and patterns and keep them in one place, then move down the line...

The lighter cabinet holds my office stuff (bills :evil: ) and, for now, unclaimed quilt backs.

The sewing table is holding my piecing machine - grandma. The cabinet to the left of her holds binding, bias tape, needles and notions.

On the bookcases are parts of my stash, I have two sets of shelves to go. Then I will organize by color. The closet (47 inches wide) will be solid shelves for the stash.

I haven't decided where FQ's go yet. I'm just really getting into collecting them. I will have 4 scrap bins, 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2 (strips/squares) and one bin for uncut scraps.

sewing area with Singer (grandma)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26332[/ATTACH]

stash cabinets (and a place to hide completed Christmas presents) behind the doors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26336[/ATTACH]

corner with Bubba (Brother) and Works in Progress cabinet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26378[/ATTACH]

butterflywing 02-18-2009 01:00 PM

isn't it just fascinating how a good-sized room, that you were so happy to have in the beginning, gets smaller and smaller as you go until you begin to wonder where all that stuff was in the first place?

if you get a room 2x the size it doesn't matter, you just grow into it.

butterflywing's rule:

IF THERE'S A SPACE, FILL IT UNTIL IT'S TOO SMALL

Quilt4u 02-18-2009 01:03 PM

Very nice. IT sure is coming along.

butterflywing 02-18-2009 01:11 PM

i also wanted to say how nice for you to have a space that's your very own and you can set up however you want and try it out different ways until you love it. bubba too.

mountain-moma 02-18-2009 02:32 PM

Oh i just love your sewing room i'm getting ready to make mine i'm moving my kitchen to the front of the house and taking my old kitchen for a sewing room so Thank You for showing us gives me some ideas :)

Marcia 02-18-2009 06:18 PM

It is looking so good---are you having fun?

Jim's Gem 02-18-2009 06:19 PM

Looking good!!

sewsewquilter 02-18-2009 06:23 PM

Like the sewing machine in front of the window. The room is looking good.

littlehud 02-18-2009 06:54 PM

Coming together nicely. If you can still see the floor it isn't full. Ha Ha :) :) :)

tlrnhi 02-18-2009 07:14 PM

Looking good! You are doing a great job!