Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New Sewing Room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-sewing-room-t19566.html)

Roben 04-29-2009 12:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We still have more boxes than I care to think about to unpack, but I have at least got the sewing room into some semblance of order. Since I had taken over parts of the dining room, living room, office and bedroom of the old house I actually have less space - so like all quilters and blessed with common sense :wink: I've decided to move all the hand sewing and garment sewing supplies to the upstairs spare bedroom - let 'em sleep with zippers LOL!

The wall next to the lone bookcase is actually the design wall - all 8' x 8' of it. I'll get pictures of that later. I still have tubs of fabric to unpack as soon as I figure out where to put it all. The cutting area is on the machineless table, and I'll be able to move it and bring over the serger or other Viking as I need it. I can easily move my laptop around in this setup. DH has strips attached under the tables for power. Although the shelves got moved into the closet, it won't be long before I replace those with wire shelving.

The wall above the Singer looks bare; when DH gets home tonight, he will be hanging a wrought iron rod across this wall for displaying quilts.

I swear, this stuff multiplied when I wasn't looking :shock:

I opted for an L shaped layout for the sewing area. This bookshelf is all quilting books and videos.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31393[/ATTACH]

This wall has the Singer Treadle with the Brother Embroidery Machine on top of it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31440[/ATTACH]

I put my shelves in the closet. All the sewing patterns and machine embroidery design disks are on this bookshelf.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31442[/ATTACH]

bearpaw 04-29-2009 12:11 PM

Very nice!! Love the shelves in the closet. Lots of storage! Have fun in your new room!

Debbie1 04-29-2009 12:28 PM

It's a great room - have loads of fun and try to come out once in a while!

Jim's Gem 04-29-2009 12:43 PM

I hope you enjoy your new room!!!

Darlene 04-29-2009 01:33 PM

Your new room is looking great

Ninnie 04-29-2009 02:05 PM

Great room. Have fun in there.

tlrnhi 04-29-2009 03:21 PM

Great space! I know how overwhelming it can be having to pack everything up, then unpack it into a new place. You are doing great!

sewjoyce 04-29-2009 03:21 PM

Looking good!!

Quiltntime 04-29-2009 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Roben
We still have more boxes than I care to think about to unpack, but I have at least got the sewing room into some semblance of order. Since I had taken over parts of the dining room, living room, office and bedroom of the old house I actually have less space - so like all quilters and blessed with common sense :wink: I've decided to move all the hand sewing and garment sewing supplies to the upstairs spare bedroom - let 'em sleep with zippers LOL!

The wall next to the lone bookcase is actually the design wall - all 8' x 8' of it. I'll get pictures of that later. I still have tubs of fabric to unpack as soon as I figure out where to put it all. The cutting area is on the machineless table, and I'll be able to move it and bring over the serger or other Viking as I need it. I can easily move my laptop around in this setup. DH has strips attached under the tables for power. Although the shelves got moved into the closet, it won't be long before I replace those with wire shelving.

The wall above the Singer looks bare; when DH gets home tonight, he will be hanging a wrought iron rod across this wall for displaying quilts.

I swear, this stuff multiplied when I wasn't looking :shock:

Roben, We all like to take a peak into sewing rooms. Looks like yours will be a great place to quilt. Thanks for sharing... :)

amma 04-29-2009 05:03 PM

Wow!!! What a great sewing room!!! You have a wonderful hubby, it's awesome how he is helping you get it set up :D :D :D