Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New studio coming together finally.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-studio-coming-together-finally-t235210.html)

auntjo 11-21-2013 10:51 AM

New studio coming together finally..

6 Attachment(s)
Spent the last year downsizing the last 27 years of my life in my house in Arizona & getting it ready to sell, which finally happened this past September. Am starting a new chapter in my life in California & am blessed w/another large room to use for my own. After a 2 yr. hiatus since my husband died in 2011, I am finally beginning to return to my quilting other than packing, sorting, and reorganizing.

started with this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447992[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]447993[/ATTACH]

and it now looks like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447994[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]447995[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]447996[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]447997[/ATTACH]

still deciding on an ironing station, between building a platform top for the ironing board, topping the shorter table (which is right now in front of it). Was thinking of making an ironing top for the older sewing machine cabinet, but thinking it is something that just needs to go along w/the table as they can't be height adjusted, and are a bit low to stand at. It's still a work in progress, but at least now useable.

DebbE 11-21-2013 10:55 AM

What a beautiful room! So sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you are settled in your new place & have such a big lovely room for your studio. El Dorado Hills is a terrific place - we used to live in Folsom & Pine Grove (outside of Sutter Creek). Wonderful area....enjoy your new home!

laurlync 11-21-2013 10:59 AM

What an awesome space. It looks like a quilting haven! Enjoy!!

grannie cheechee 11-21-2013 11:01 AM

WOW!!! Sorry for your loss. You've done a lot, and it will come together. I can't help you with the ironing table, but make sure it is a good height for you. We need to save our backs.

Kimkankwilt 11-21-2013 11:07 AM

Welcome to California and welcome back to quilting. Your room looks like a terrific place

Emma S 11-21-2013 11:46 AM

My brother used to live in El Dorado Hills, love that area. You have a lovely quilting room, so spacious. As far as the ironing surface, I'm sorry I have no advice. I have tried several surfaces, a padded board atop a table and a small ironing board that sits on a table top. Can't say why but I always seem to go back to the ironing board, hope you have better luck than I.

margee 11-21-2013 11:50 AM

What a lovely sewing room you have put together. Now you can enjoy it.

klaws 11-21-2013 11:55 AM

Wonderful sewing room. I wish I had one like that!

Jan in VA 11-21-2013 12:26 PM

Is that your living-room-turned-studio? I love the recliner/TV set up off to the side.....it's what I've done with my own space. My "living" IS studio work, not visiting, napping, reading, entertaining -- I don't *need* a couch and coffee table filling up valuable sewing space. :)

It's great you can use your space as YOU want to; it looks so neat and put together, too!

Jan in VA

Stitch124 11-21-2013 12:33 PM

I'm with Jan -- Wonderful sewing room and I love the recliner/tv for that hand stitching area. I'm afraid I'd probably fall asleep -- it looks toooo comfy!!