Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   new work (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-work-t196899.html)

audsgirl 08-06-2012 09:48 PM

It looks as though you have made fantastic use of your new-found time. Everything is wonderful!

burchquilts 08-07-2012 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Sewflower (Post 5422744)
Question: Do you sleep or eat? Wonderful and thanks for sharing

Y'know what they say... "sleep is overrated"... LOL! Wow! No grass growing under your feet! All of your projects are just awesome! What pattern is the pix #1? I'm not familiar with it. But I love it!

wolph33 08-07-2012 03:03 AM

oh my gosh-you have been very busy.everything looks great.

Drue 08-07-2012 03:13 AM

Fantastic! I'm envious of your time to work on your own projects. I have had "commissioned" quilts to finsih before I can go back to my own. I've gotten 4 finished, but still have 3 or 4 to go. I have started "Affairs of the Heart" but still have all the stitch work to do on the appliques. I'd wanted to finish this one for the fall quilt shows here, but doubt I'll get it done in time for this year....(sigh) There's always next year! Keep up the great work!

Lady Jane 08-07-2012 03:23 AM

Wow, you have been busy, and have done some wonderful projects ! love them all.

kateyb 08-07-2012 03:27 AM

The star quilt looks amazing. Everything is very pretty. You have gotten a lot done. Go girl !!!!

laurafet 08-07-2012 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis42 (Post 5422861)
All great work. Beautiful results. I especially like the flower faces on the table topper. Would you share the name of the fabric and where it was purchased? Thank you.

That is actually a baby quilt and diaper bag using the bow tuck pattern and making larger. The fabric is about 3-4 years old and can't remember the name now-Sunday Blossoms or something like that. I made for #3 son to give to a friend who is now a single mom. He was a hit with all the girls at the shower! (No, he is not the Dad!) I wish I could find more of the fabric, but no longer available. If anyone has any, PLEASE let me know!

laurafet 08-07-2012 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts (Post 5423294)
Y'know what they say... "sleep is overrated"... LOL! Wow! No grass growing under your feet! All of your projects are just awesome! What pattern is the pix #1? I'm not familiar with it. But I love it!

That is the king I fought with for 15 months. It is a combo of about 6 different fabrics and a lot of fussy cutting. I used the GEM 5 and 10 templates from Phillips Fiber Arts. Cheryl Phillips has some wonderful patterns, one of which I based the medallion on.

NOELLA 08-07-2012 05:26 AM

Laurafet,
It is real funny I saw your pink bag and thought it was the one I had made ,but, no on second look yours has green lining and pocket trim, mine has pink lining , great job on all your work .If I ever get to figure out how to post pictures I will post mine. beautiful work.

sue1964 08-07-2012 05:31 AM

All are very nice