Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   No more distractions pleeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/no-more-distractions-pleeeeeze-t7293.html)

Quilting Aggi 05-20-2008 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Harmony....I have been doing 'other' projects...namely the Clematis wallhanging for my mum and recently the crumb block quilt etc...... :lol: :lol:

I finally got back to my crumb blocks over the weekend!! I am making 60 6" square blocks!! I must be out of my mind!!! I have 23 left to complete. Then I have to figure out if that is enough to do what I'm thinking I want to do or if I have to make more!! ahhh but as nuts as they are to make they are a great way to use up all the scraps!!! I love making them, especially when I want to work on something that doesn't require much thinking :)

Izy 05-20-2008 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by Izy
Harmony....I have been doing 'other' projects...namely the Clematis wallhanging for my mum and recently the crumb block quilt etc...... :lol: :lol:

I finally got back to my crumb blocks over the weekend!! I am making 60 6" square blocks!! I must be out of my mind!!! I have 23 left to complete. Then I have to figure out if that is enough to do what I'm thinking I want to do or if I have to make more!! ahhh but as nuts as they are to make they are a great way to use up all the scraps!!! I love making them, especially when I want to work on something that doesn't require much thinking :)

I couldn't agree more...these are great stress relievers as you don't have to 'think' too much about making them...as apart from the outer edges being squared up...anything goes!!lol!! Post some pictures so we can see yours please :D

Kyiav10 05-20-2008 08:07 AM

The quilt is beautiful. I would definately want to finish it, it's gorgeous.

Kyia

Missi 05-20-2008 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
have you ever considered international adoption of a slightly older than newborn american girl? i'm potty trained and can cook. :wink:

Izy - I will send my application too - I also speak Spanish. Its been a few years but I am sure it will come back to me, I miss speaking it lots.

And cook - who needs to "cook" over there with the amazing bread, fresh tomatoes and out of this world olive oil :!: But I can cook and love doing it.

Izy 05-20-2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Missi

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
have you ever considered international adoption of a slightly older than newborn american girl? i'm potty trained and can cook. :wink:

Izy - I will send my application too - I also speak Spanish. Its been a few years but I am sure it will come back to me, I miss speaking it lots.

And cook - who needs to "cook" over there with the amazing bread, fresh tomatoes and out of this world olive oil :!: But I can cook and love doing it.

Buenas Tardes Missi,

Cuando tu estas visitando Espana? Tu es muy bienvenidos a quedarme pronto!!
Lo siento si no entiendes porque yo estoy estudiando espanol ahora y necesito practicar mucho para improvar!!

k9colliedog 05-21-2008 12:33 AM

Oh what heaven. Your life style must be a peaceful one. To be able to quilt in an area like that, would be anyones dream. No wonder your quilt turned out perfectly

Izy 05-21-2008 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by k9colliedog
Oh what heaven. Your life style must be a peaceful one. To be able to quilt in an area like that, would be anyones dream. No wonder your quilt turned out perfectly

K9collie - It is very peaceful, it is very different from inner city Manchester, and I love it!! :D (Will say though on the downside...my beam end is widening, as I am getting very laid back, practically horizontal I would say.....apart from when I am sewing lol!!! :lol: :lol:

beachlady 05-21-2008 02:47 AM

Izy, you know I have your addy - be on the look out for the quilt disappearing as soon as it is finished. Beautiful pictures.

Izy 05-21-2008 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Izy, you know I have your addy - be on the look out for the quilt disappearing as soon as it is finished. Beautiful pictures.

Well I hope you stay awhile before you disappear along with the quilt....!!!! :lol:

live2teach 05-21-2008 11:13 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. I love those colors. You've done a wonderful job! You're pictures are gorgeous too!