Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   No Pain No Gain Crazy Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/no-pain-no-gain-crazy-quilt-t132966.html)

Ramona Byrd 06-25-2011 04:29 AM

I really need to get back to my committments though for blocks for our guild for charity which we give to displaced children taken from there homes.
-----------------------------------------------------
Please try to find a way to get their names to put on the quilts. I've heard that a lot of less than nice temporary homes keep such things when they like them, saying it was given to them for any kid who was in their home.
If a confused and frightened kid had his/her own quilt to take with him/her all the time it would give them a sense of someone holding them with love.

MelodyWB 06-25-2011 04:32 AM

That's a great quilt..hope you feel better soon !!

debcavan 06-25-2011 04:34 AM

It turned out gorgeous. I hope you are doing better again.

jeaninmaine 06-25-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Please try to find a way to get their names to put on the quilts. I've heard that a lot of less than nice temporary homes keep such things when they like them, saying it was given to them for any kid who was in their home.
If a confused and frightened kid had his/her own quilt to take with him/her all the time it would give them a sense of someone holding them with love.

How sad that someone would do something like that, the kids have so little to call their own and what a scary time it must be for them.

GreatStarter 06-25-2011 04:47 AM

Wow, you sure did make a pretty quilt. King size? Amazing!!!!!

Kat

QuiltnNan 06-25-2011 04:51 AM

wow, that sure is crazy. great job!!

jeaninmaine 06-25-2011 04:52 AM

I'm SO Sorry, I got so distracted about people keeping the foster children's quilts that I totally forgot to say how very much I like your quilt, it came out so great. I hope my first crazy quilt comes out as well. Maybe the next time you aren't feeling well you could do the embellishments so you aren't taking time away from your charity quilts and you would have something to distract you from the way you are feeling.

If you do it evenly throughout the quilt, like one seam or embellishment for each block. then after that's done go and do the second seam, then it wouldn't seem so overwhelming and would always look like you meant it to be that way rather than getting one whole block done and the rest bare.

laughingquilter 06-25-2011 04:57 AM

What an amazing quilt! And....you must be an amazing woman. I'm sorry to hear that your MS was flaring up but you really turned lemons into lemonade with that beautiful quilt! You created your own "silver lining" to prove that it'll take more than that to stop you! Great job! And I hope you're feeling better.

tutt 06-25-2011 05:08 AM

I love it!! Great way to turn a tough time into something happy and cheerful!

ontheriver 06-25-2011 05:10 AM

Great crazy quilt, one of my favorite types of quilt. Hope your MS settles down for you. My youngest sister has MS and cerebral palsy. I know she goes thru good and bad days. Seems the barometer (weather) has a lot to do with how she feels. She could not take the humidity or pressure changes when we had storms here in the south, her legs would go out on her. She moved to Vegas and she seems to be doing much better.