Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not a Quilt But It's Quilted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-quilt-but-its-quilted-t152084.html)

Krystyna 09-11-2011 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I wanted to try out some of the quilting designs that I have for my embroidery machine so I decided to make a little sachet bag for a friend. Front is embroidered and the back is quilted. What do you think?

spartan quilter 09-11-2011 09:21 AM

That is so beautiful. That so makes me want to get an embroidery machine. Love the work.

meemersmom 09-11-2011 09:21 AM

Very nice. I like the hanging loop on top...you can slip this onto any hanger. Nice job!

quilter68 09-11-2011 09:22 AM

Krystryna,

The Lavender sachet is is a beauty. I have a Lavender Farm near me and I go there often. I also buy the cedar chips for gerbils and make closet packets for self and friends.
I have read your post about your Mother - what a delight. She had the right attitude. I wish I knew her.

Quilter68 who is now 70

clem55 09-11-2011 09:37 AM

that is really pretty!

girliegirl 09-11-2011 09:52 AM

you knew that would make me want to use my embroidery machine...... I embroidered over 400 napkins for Christmas gifts one year and then I have not touched it since......... up the attic way i go for some stuff!

Krystyna 09-11-2011 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by quilter68
Krystryna,

The Lavender sachet is is a beauty. I have a Lavender Farm near me and I go there often. I also buy the cedar chips for gerbils and make closet packets for self and friends.
I have read your post about your Mother - what a delight. She had the right attitude. I wish I knew her.

Quilter68 who is now 70

Thanks, Quilter68! Mom definitely had a laissez faire attitude (in most things, anyway). Two of her four daughters ended up in very disciplined professions and the other two were "arty". I'm sure she gritted her teeth over the arty ones frequently, but I think we turned out OK.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-11-2011 10:02 AM

OMG that's so pretty! Darn you- I made up my mind I didn't want an embroidery machine........... until I see the beauty that you all do!!
And I grow tons of lavender! :D:D

Krystyna 09-11-2011 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
OMG that's so pretty! Darn you- I made up my mind I didn't want an embroidery machine........... until I see the beauty that you all do!!
And I grow tons of lavender! :D:D

I never thought I wanted one or needed one, but when I went shopping for an additional machine to make my veils and saw it, my husband, in a fit of generosity, got it for me for Christmas last year. Now I use it every day. Here are some days of the week mug rugs I made for someone on the board.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-11-2011 10:22 AM

OMG you made those??????????????
They look so retro! Oh how adorable!!
You are good at what you do for sure! :thumbup: