Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Not a quilt in a day............. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-quilt-day-t6637.html)

Steve 05-03-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
It was a quilt in 3 days. Just finished it last night. For a quickie quilt, I really like it. Guess I don't have the patience for long projects. This pattern is called BQ2 and it's made/designed by mapleislandquilts.com. The BQ stands for BIG QUILT.

No patience for long projects? Wait, now didn't you have that gorgeous double Irish up a bit back? You can't fool me for one minute. Ha! Very nice.
:thumbup:

Knot Sew 05-03-2008 11:18 AM

I think its great the quilt and the quilting WOW :D :D :D :D

jacquemoe 05-03-2008 05:46 PM

You are soooooooo right. That Irish Chain did take a while. How cute, you remembered :oops:

k_jupiter 05-03-2008 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by maggiebooboo
I did use a pantograph and I have a Gammill. That was the easy part.

What exactly is a pantograph? Is it made of paper or hard plastic?

First off, nicely done Jackie. I know the quilt in three days is an achievement. And yours came out much better'n mine.

A pantograph is a simple machine made of four 'sticks'. The four sticks are assembled at the ends so the whole thing is a movable parallelogram. You put a a stylus on one corner, anchor another corner to something solid, and a third corner drives another pencil, marker or in this case, a quilting machine.
Place a pattern you want to quilt under the stylus, thread the machine and simply trace the pattern with the stylus. The machine follows along, quilting the pattern on the paper.

tim the engineer in san jose

QuiltinLee 05-03-2008 06:15 PM

Absolutely beautiful!!! You did a lovely job with the top and the quilting is absolutely gorgeous!!

Take a bow.

jacquemoe 05-03-2008 06:18 PM

Close :-)
I have a lazar light to follow the pantograph on a long sheet of papter but I have to use eye/hand coordination, too. It's still easier than piecing a quilt top and a lot faster. I just pretend I'm driving and trying to stay on the road. It's fun!

k_jupiter 05-03-2008 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Close :-)
I have a lazar light to follow the pantograph on a long sheet of papter but I have to use eye/hand coordination, too. It's still easier than piecing a quilt top and a lot faster. I just pretend I'm driving and trying to stay on the road. It's fun!

Hi tech pantograph!

I stand corrected.

Nice work anyway. Ummmmm..... hemmmmm.... hawwwwww... what do you charge for a QS quilt?

tim

Belinda 05-03-2008 10:14 PM

Oh so pretty!!

jacquemoe 05-03-2008 11:02 PM

Thank you, Belinda :-)

Deb53 12-01-2010 02:28 PM

Oh my word, that's beautiful! ! !
I just love the colors and style.
Now that's a good pattern if you have a large print fabric you love! ! the quilting is so nice too. A perfect combination that complements each other.
Thanks for sharing.