Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   not sure I like it now (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/not-sure-i-like-now-t98478.html)

BizzieLizzie 02-11-2011 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by McDarla
I think you nailed it... I am not sure if I thought of that or not... (very happy in your recommendation) going to check if I have enough. [=)

Originally Posted by aorlflood
If you have anymore of the dark color that is used in the 9-patches, and you use it as the cornerstones you will get a secondary pattern of large "X"s going through the quilt...likes paths criss-crossing your quilt. Cut a couple and just lay them over the current cornerstones and stand back and see if you like it before any unsewing!

I love the floral cornerstones as it adds character to the quilt. Purple is fine and though green sounds nice it may not quite fit it with the colour scheme as it is now. My feeling would be to go with the cornerstone change but leave the sashing as it is. It is a beautiful quilt and you have done a great job. Either way, light purple or floral or dark purple cornerstones, it would look nice. What is important is how much you like it. Best wishes.

:thumbup:

Nanamoms 02-11-2011 01:20 AM

I haven't put together a quilt top yet but my first thought was to change the cornerstones to a darker color. Hmmm, maybe I'll be able to do one after all!! LOL

Fayelh 02-11-2011 03:41 AM

I like it, I don't think it is juvenile.

fabric lover 02-11-2011 05:02 AM

Oh yes, the second is much better! I was just going to write I thought the cornerstones needed another fabric IMHO. And it certainly does the trick.

jhoward 02-11-2011 05:46 AM

I do no see any problems. The colors go well together.

BevF 02-14-2011 09:54 PM

That's pretty. Dk green or purple boarder would really set it out.

McDarla 02-15-2011 07:35 AM

Thank you. I am working on it again today... hope to finish it! :)

McDarla 02-15-2011 07:44 AM

Thank you for this... I was also think like that as well maybe take two main fabrics and make star or little four patch. Everyone's ideas are helpful... I am sure to finally figure something out! thanks again. :)

Originally Posted by mom-6
Something you might try that I did on one of mine that 'just didn't quite look right' was to add an accent to the cornerstone that gave it a bit more zing. You could add some bling, if this would be appropriate to the recipient, or you could just add a second square of fabric on top of the cornerstone. This could either be a smaller contrasting square or another square on point, of one of your main fabrics.

Wrote the above before you changed the cornerstones to the floral. Really like that change! It brightens it up and ties it all together.

lindy-2 02-15-2011 07:50 AM

the darker cornerstones definitly look better and when you get the border on it it will sudenly look tones better i have that happen alot to me i dont like a quilt im making till it has the borders on it. you could do a checker bord tipe border if you dont have enough of one colour. dont know how thazt would look but just a thought.

Pat75 02-15-2011 07:51 AM

Your corner stones and sashing should be the same width .If you need to make the quilt wider or longer try it in the final border. It is visually okay to have on the width one measure and on the length another . I would try one of the light colors in the print . Looks like white on my moniter or even green for corner stones and adark purple for the final border. you have done a great job.Your sister is a lucky lady.