Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Now I ask you...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/now-i-ask-you-t7288.html)

Janeen 05-19-2008 10:00 AM

sigh....

speaking of giving quilts to charity....

this groups of 'ladies' and I use the term loosely - ahem..... proper southern belles every last one of 'em... yea right, ok...

anyway....

they make quilts and 'raffle' them off to raise money for the group - we can't use 'raffle' because that's gambling and have to use another word only I can't think of what it is but it really is a raffle...

so I picked up the Christmas material after the holidays from walmart for $1 a yard and made this quilt top (74x87) and gave it to the group to finish (they do that) and then sell....

several of the ladies wanted to do it by hand but it got nowhere, plus a few said 'oh it's too small' :shock:
so I said well, would 2 more yards of material be enough to make it bigger? and was told, sure

one of the ladies has a long arm and generally finishes the quilts for the group so I didn't have any problem with that...

so this is how she finished it - she put one (ONE) wide strip down ONE SIDE and that's it.........

let me tell you, that quilt is ALL HERS - do not even mention my name in the same breath as that quilt!!

:mrgreen: 8)

http://usera.imagecave.com/Mavican/hm2.jpg

this REALLY goes to that "once you give it, they can do ANYTHING with it..." and boy did they ever...

buwahhahahahaaaaa

one?? at least opposite sides? ya think? or maybe even three sides for a drop? or none or all four sides? but one side??

am I the only one who thinks that was taking cattiness to an extreme?
couldn't she have given it back to me and said, "make it bigger"?

oh well, live and learn...
I told the president of the group not to ask me to do any more sewing....

ps you can see that she did a BARE minimum of sewing on the longarm....

Shadow Dancer 05-19-2008 10:12 AM

Ummm .... maybe she had a senior moment and forgot the other sides??? I know I'm grasping at straws here, plus I'm laughing so hard it's difficult to think, let alone type... LOL

Perhaps this is the new style that is coming out and we just haven't heard of it????

I really don't know what to say except,.... distance yourself from that one for sure! :)

beachlady 05-19-2008 10:14 AM

I still have a quizzical look on my face! Why would anyone do that? No answer for you.

purpl7 05-19-2008 10:17 AM

Oh, I definately think you have reason to be..... ummm.... peeved in the extreme. I can't even imagine that they would not finish to look as wonderful as when you started it. I would have said more than a few choice words to them, but you probably handled it better than I would have.

It's amazing to me that some quilters can be so helpful and wonderful and others so disturbingly disgusting. How irritating.

I am very sorry that they did that to you. I love the look of the quilt otherwise. You must have put a lot of work into it. Also, I love the Christmas fabrics, and the dark blue to balance them. You did a great job.

Izy 05-19-2008 10:24 AM

Is this the 'new off-set' look then, maybe she has started a new trend there...no seriously I would be absolutely fuming...I find it so hard to imagine 'catiness' to this extreme, to spoil the effect of a beautiful quilt, donated for charity.....unreal!! :roll:

Chele 05-19-2008 10:41 AM

Well, even a lopsided border treatment can't make that pretty quilt ugly! You did a fine job! And for charity, too! Kudos to you on your beautiful and cheery quilt! Make more!

Shadow Dancer 05-19-2008 10:53 AM

I want to add, your quilt is gorgeous, I love the fabrics and the pattern. :)

Lisa 05-19-2008 11:05 AM

in the pic it looks like it is one 3 sides and nothing on the left side?

Janeen 05-19-2008 11:16 AM

I changed the picture so you can see the ONE side better...
top, bottom, left side ends at red and blue binding, right side has VERY WIDE blue strip added then binding???????????????????

isnthatodd 05-19-2008 11:34 AM

Ok, so it was designed to go on a bed with the narrow border against the wall and the wide one on the visible side!