Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OBW -- Looking Wonderful -- though can use YOUR help!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/obw-looking-wonderful-though-can-use-your-help-t119374.html)

QuiltE 04-28-2011 05:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I faux-pas'd and posted originally on the Main Board .... so in case it gets pulled, I'll post here in the corrrect Picture Board Place! :)

I've moved and shuffled them from the view posted last week. Tomorrow is day two of the course, and we're to have the layout pretty much figured out when we go. YIKES!!!!

I am trying to get away from a typical rectangle and the need to use so many 1/2 hexes. Will be content to make it 6 or 8 sided, somewhat oblong. I know it's not balanced that way yet, though I stopped last night to go to bed (imagine that!!) .... and will not be back at it til later tonight.

I think this round is looking better than the first one ... though it still needs to be tweeked!

Your comments and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

OBW - The Virgin Fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190240[/ATTACH]

OBW - 2nd Try at Placing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]190241[/ATTACH]

sandraa 04-28-2011 05:33 AM

Looks great!

debcavan 04-28-2011 05:36 AM

It is look good. You have good areas of color

sueisallaboutquilts 04-28-2011 05:39 AM

I love it, such soft colors. I've never done one but I think yours is beautiful so far!! :D

tealfalcon 04-28-2011 05:40 AM

Beautiful

QuiltE 04-28-2011 05:41 AM

I wish the layout photo showed the colours and design as well as the virgin fabric does.
Would wonder why?

spartan quilter 04-28-2011 06:24 AM

That looks great,& are you pulling the 2 hexs on the left to make the same point that you have on the right side? Love to see the finished quilt. You have a beautiful quilt in progress.

QuiltE 04-28-2011 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter
That looks great,& are you pulling the 2 hexs on the left to make the same point that you have on the right side? Love to see the finished quilt. You have a beautiful quilt in progress.

Yes and no .. The right, the point isn't in the centre of the row ... so need to do some re-arranging, but yes, that's the concept I'm heading to. Looking at the right, I'll probably take off 1/2 of the hex that makes the point, so that there is a flat side created, rather than as much point for a floppy piece. Besides, will be more usable when pulling up around oneself.

And who knows ... it may change yet again ... I really want to use the leftover fabric for the backing. So need some measuring for the finished hexes to see if it's do-able when I allow for matching the fabric for the backing. If it's at all possible, that'll help determine the overall shape/size of the finished OBW.

luv-e 04-28-2011 07:16 AM

E, Get the pom poms out and 3 cheers for you!!!!
This is just STUNNING!!!
Dh said you put your "HEART" into it........Stand back and look @ the heart in the middle.....it is dark on the left and light on the right.....
I found some material to use but not sure of it???? I will send you a pict.

applegramma 04-28-2011 07:20 AM

OH MY...THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!! VERY NICE WORK..I WONDER IF I CAN DO THIS. GUESS IS EPP OR IS IT NEEDLE TURNED?
GREAT JOB!!!!!