Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Oh, am I glad this is finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/oh-am-i-glad-finished-t114389.html)

Jeanniejo 04-12-2011 09:32 AM

It's beautiful !! I'm sure it was worth your time.

margecam52 04-12-2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by coastienest
Did you ever have one of those projects where all you did was just pray to get through it all? Well this is my thorn in the side.

I don't know what I did, but it ended up coming out just as it should have. I don't know if my cutting was off the slightest bit or I just wasn't doing the 1/4" seam correctly but nothing seemed to line up on the edges. I decided to just make my stars all follow in line and not worry about the edges. I never did square up the blocks because I was afraid to cut it. That is how badly it was not in line. Yet when I put all the blocks together and just followed the seam line, it worked out. I didn't even need to square it up when I was all done. It was square!!!!! How that happened, heaven only knows.

The added stress of needing it finished for a bridal shower didn't help much either, but it was finished in time. My daughter fell in love with it and wants one for herself. SO I guess the next time I want to get all stressed out over a quilt I think I'll make one for her HAHA!!!! Maybe next time, I'll be problem free.

The pattern is from the Nov/Dec 2005 issue of the Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine.

Thanks for looking

Was this done with half square triangles? I'm trying to look at the picture...from what I can tell it is. I have the pattern somewhere, but it's not half square triangles..I have 5 boxes of quilt magazines...got from a storage bin...don't think this is in there....they end in 1992...and I didn't start buying any mags till 2006...This is a traditional pattern though...so I'll find the one I have & adjust to half square triangles...seems would be easier that way.

coastienest 04-12-2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by margecam52

Originally Posted by coastienest
Did you ever have one of those projects where all you did was just pray to get through it all? Well this is my thorn in the side.

I don't know what I did, but it ended up coming out just as it should have. I don't know if my cutting was off the slightest bit or I just wasn't doing the 1/4" seam correctly but nothing seemed to line up on the edges. I decided to just make my stars all follow in line and not worry about the edges. I never did square up the blocks because I was afraid to cut it. That is how badly it was not in line. Yet when I put all the blocks together and just followed the seam line, it worked out. I didn't even need to square it up when I was all done. It was square!!!!! How that happened, heaven only knows.

The added stress of needing it finished for a bridal shower didn't help much either, but it was finished in time. My daughter fell in love with it and wants one for herself. SO I guess the next time I want to get all stressed out over a quilt I think I'll make one for her HAHA!!!! Maybe next time, I'll be problem free.

The pattern is from the Nov/Dec 2005 issue of the Fons & Porter Love of Quilting magazine.

Thanks for looking

Was this done with half square triangles? I'm trying to look at the picture...from what I can tell it is. I have the pattern somewhere, but it's not half square triangles..I have 5 boxes of quilt magazines...got from a storage bin...don't think this is in there....they end in 1992...and I didn't start buying any mags till 2006...This is a traditional pattern though...so I'll find the one I have & adjust to half square triangles...seems would be easier that way.

Yep they are half square triangles. Thanks for noticing.

OB 04-17-2011 08:32 AM

really beautiful. I am sure there are many others who would like to be in line for one of these. :thumbup: :thumbup:

biscuitqueen 04-23-2011 04:58 PM

All that worry for nothing, it came out beautifull.

cheri stonespinner 04-26-2011 08:13 AM

Looks perfect to me! I never would have guessed you had any problems :thumbup: Miracles still happen thank God :thumbup:

dawn payne 04-29-2011 02:42 PM

It's wonderful!

Becca Bear 04-29-2011 02:58 PM

Very, very pretty!

Rainy Day 04-29-2011 03:08 PM

That looks pretty darn hard! Well done.

sewnsewer2 04-29-2011 03:09 PM

Thorn or not, it sure is beautiful!!