Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ok Here is My Quilting Shop (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ok-here-my-quilting-shop-t27191.html)

Lostn51 10-16-2009 04:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This is the the shop I have in my back yard that I was using for storage and decided to remodel it so I can use it for my quilting habit. Since I collect machines and restore them and I have amassed a lot of memorabilia automotive and sewing and machines so I am adding on a 2 story addition that will be around 2200sqft total. I have the floor tile for the shop but I am waiting till I start the addition and start moving some things around to lay it.

But here are a few photos of what I am working in......

Jim's Gem 10-16-2009 04:52 PM

Very nice. Your treadles are beautiful!

Lostn51 10-16-2009 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is a couple more, the wall unit is not fully assembled yet I have a section that sits on top of the one that is there now alongside the ironing board and another section will be on the wall next to it. I built everything in my shop including the wall unit, benches, thread rack, curtains and the wall art that I framed. Also this is only a few of the machines I have earmarked for use in my shop. There are several more to chose from.

gramqlts 10-16-2009 05:08 PM

Awesome shop. I used to have shop in my back yard years ago and did all kinds of sewing and crafting in it til I moved to town. Now my carport has been enclosed and converted in to a sewing room. Love it too.

mountain-moma 10-16-2009 05:12 PM

Wow i love that place and the machines are awesome

3incollege 10-16-2009 05:13 PM

I separate building for your studio! how wonderful is that!

bebe 10-16-2009 05:25 PM

Nice room for all your quilty stuff and machines :wink: :D

Lostn51 10-16-2009 05:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I need to finish the wall unit up, I ran out of clear when I was building them so I need to run to the paint shop and pick up some more. I use automotive clear for finishing furniture and it always comes out looking like you can swim in it. But since I paint a lot of high end show cars and bikes I always have it on hand.

The machines that are in the shelves next to my "Universal" were both basket cases. The Singer 27 was done in a Godzilla finish and I did the Blackside finish on the nickle plated parts. The Singer 24 was locked up and rusted solid but it runs like a champ now. I have a 185J that I am working on now that will be treadled and I am shooting it a cream color with a gold pearl mid coat with the gold Singer decals on the arm.

Billy

sandpat 10-16-2009 06:11 PM

WOW...those machines are fabulous! You've redone them????? I just love your shop....thats my kinda' place!

littlehud 10-16-2009 06:36 PM

What a wonderful room. I love your machines. I am in awe that you have refurbished them. You are multi talented.