Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Okay, GrammieSharon...here it is! Help!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/okay-grammiesharon-here-help-t66417.html)

Lynneander 09-23-2010 04:22 PM

Like the others, I don't see any mistakes ... looks beautiful to me!

nana katie 09-23-2010 04:33 PM

You may know of imperfections, I see beauty.

sewgull 09-23-2010 04:46 PM

pretty, pretty quilt

Grammie Sharon 09-23-2010 04:52 PM

This quilt is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors. Go Blue!! They will love it and will never know any mistakes made. Only you. We are always so critical of ourselves. I agree with those above about the stippling. Thanks for posting. Keep up the great work.

moonwolf23 09-23-2010 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
I finally got up the nerve to take a pic of the quilt. Please, please, please overlook all the many boo-boos! :oops: The guitars and hearts will be echo-quilted, but what in the world should I do around the sunflowers?

How bout quilting some suns and clouds around them. Maybe some country lyrics that are meaningful in the borders.

mequilter 09-23-2010 05:15 PM

Wish I could help with the quilting ideas for you, but I just love the sunflowers!

heather1949 09-23-2010 05:24 PM

Wow that looks fantastic,and no boo boo's. well I can't see them.

pab58 09-23-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by moonwolf23

Originally Posted by pab58
I finally got up the nerve to take a pic of the quilt. Please, please, please overlook all the many boo-boos! :oops: The guitars and hearts will be echo-quilted, but what in the world should I do around the sunflowers?

How bout quilting some suns and clouds around them. Maybe some country lyrics that are meaningful in the borders.

I like the idea of the lyrics being quilted in the borders!! I never thought of doing that! :wink: Austin is a country music singer and has recorded several CDs. He wrote a song for his new wife, and it was played at the wedding -- yes, the quilt is late! :oops: I could use a couple of lines from the song for the quilting in the borders! I was leaning a bit towards stippling, but I've never tried doing that -- I'm too much of a chicken! The suns and clouds are interesting ideas, too. Boy, so much to consider!!! :roll:

pab58 09-23-2010 05:39 PM

You've all had such nice things to say! :oops: I'm certainly humbled by your sweet comments. Thanking you doesn't seem to be enough, but I'll say it anyway, "Thank you!"

The flowers, guitars and hearts are hand-appliqued. I've only made one other quilt (and that was a wallhanging for my mother) that was appliqued by hand. I designed the quilt using my EQ7. For now it is simply called "Austin and Rachel's Wedding Quilt." Austin planted sunflowers as a surprise for his, at that time, fiance and wanted to have them at the wedding. Well, the sunflowers bloomed and died so they never made it to the wedding, but they had sunflowers at the wedding anyway. As a matter of fact, the bouquets were sunflowers. I didn't know that Rachel had planned on having sunflowers at the time I designed the quilt. I chose sunflowers because of the ones Austin had so lovingly planted and tended, the guitars are a nod to his country music career, and the hearts.....well, I guess the hearts don't need an explanation do they?

Thank you for looking at my quilt. :wink:

Jim's Gem 09-23-2010 05:49 PM

Very pretty!