Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Old, poorly made, damaged......somewhat repaird and redone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/old-poorly-made-damaged-somewhat-repaird-redone-t14428.html)

Harmony 12-15-2008 07:24 AM

You can take the simplest quilt and turn it into a work of art! I'll bet your husband loves this quilt! As usual, your quilting is exquisite!

shellyp 12-15-2008 07:28 AM

WOW!! That is really great!

Bevanger 12-15-2008 08:17 AM

girl, is there anything you can't do? it is just awesome. you keep getting better and better :D

Moonpi 12-15-2008 08:23 AM

Great job! Did you use two different color top threads?

jacquemoe 12-15-2008 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
My first reaction: HOLY COW LOOK AT THAT QUILTING! If someone drew that on a top I'd not be able to follow it--free motion quilters who make that sort of design have a special part working on their brains. I guess mine got switched to be a good stall mucker. Sigh, oh well. :lol:

Jackie--what a gift you have.

Thanks Karla and everone else. You just can't see it up close and I was shocked when I saw the backside. The seams are turned every which way. I must have worked awfully hard to get the intersections to match up as well as I did. There are some holes where I had tied it and some of the seams had frayed. DH kept it in his hanger and threw it on an old sofa every time he had company, for them to sit on. I even had to shorten it a bit and reused the binding. It won't fall apart now :!: Thanks again for all the nice comments.
Karla, I traced around a photo with a fabric marker and hubby filled in some details. It wasn't has hard as I thought it was going to be.

jacquemoe 12-15-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
Great job! Did you use two different color top threads?

Well, if you could see the top third, I started with red thread on the top and silvery gray on the bottom. I didn't like the red so I switched to gray for the top. I did the plane in black and did a tiny meander around the plane with the same color as the blocks to make it stand out a bit. Had I actually done some planning, I would have added extra batting underneath the plane so it would stand out more. My only plan was to get the 3 layers back together so it wouldn't fall apart.

zyxquilts 12-15-2008 11:14 AM

That is so cool Jacque! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! :D

Pam Pollock 12-15-2008 11:17 AM

Your quilting is awsome. I can't believe you did that free motion. Great job!! I bet your DH loves it!! Maybe I could get my husband to spring for a long arm quilt machine if I told him I could free motion some "old trucks" on it for him. That would be the ticket for him!!! LOL

jacquemoe 12-15-2008 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
So nice! Your quilting gets fancier and fancier, McTavish, Junior!

Hi Chele, I just received my McTavishing book and DVD today :D . I have to practice on paper, chalk board, etc. first. Too bad I didn't get it before I remade the quilt for dh. That would have been great practice and would have looked better with the airplane. Thanks to all again.

auntluc 12-15-2008 05:45 PM

Nothing to brag about my foot....you did a very good job.
:thumbup: