Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   OMG the quilting pattern was Too difficult (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/omg-quilting-pattern-too-difficult-t297306.html)

LindaMRB 05-31-2018 10:39 AM

OMG the quilting pattern was Too difficult

6 Attachment(s)
My sister-in-law and her husband bought a 5th wheel for their retirement and asked me to make curtains for it since they hated what was there already. She bought the orange/blue Ikat print which was perfect and I had leftovers. I made the curtains, sent them to her, they discovered a serious problem with the RV so they traded it in. Gone were the curtains! I also made a table runner and mug rugs.
In the meantime I had decided to make them a lap quilt. Below is what I put together. Since the fabrics are funky and '70s contemporary I went for what some of you may recall was sort of a formica counter design. What a mistake.
Trying to quilt straight lines and follow the pattern was hard and I'm still not quite finished. My template wandered off and the gaps in the quilting need to be addressed in the next few days - with more quilting. My uneven stitches reflect that I was getting tired and annoyed with it all...
Still, I think they will like it and if they travel north from Florida may actually get some use out of it. Ha.

I'm also attaching the quilt pattern I sketched and if anyone wants it, private message me and I'll send a pdf that is more accurate that you can print. All 4 edges Do connect to a repeat of the pattern so if you print several, cut out the centers of the squares, pin them to your quilt and draw along the insides, it WILL work!
The binding is the "Airstreams" scattered over a beige texture. Perfect but they'll never be able to see that. I'll be making new mug rugs for them later so they'll know.

I forgot to say that it is 48x64, machine pieced, hand quilted.
Thanks for taking a look!

JanelleTrebuna 05-31-2018 10:49 AM

I'm sorry it was so difficult to quilt, but it sure turned out adorable. Its very inspiring too. We've had a trailer for years now and the chintzy little curtains that come with it could definitely use replacing ;) That would be an adorable quilt for a bed in a trailer too.

jlt37869 05-31-2018 11:03 AM

Looks good to me!

Maggie_Sue 05-31-2018 03:02 PM

That is a great quilt and the quilting is just perfect!!!

Teen 05-31-2018 05:55 PM

Looks wonderful......man, that's a lot of hand stitching... So well done....

BrendaK 05-31-2018 05:59 PM

Kool. BrendaK

coffeecozy 06-01-2018 01:18 AM

Fun quilt and the quilting really works with it.

SusieQOH 06-01-2018 07:06 AM

I think it's adorable!!!!! I love your hand quilting.
Sorry about the curtains!!!

sewnclog 06-01-2018 02:23 PM

Too bad they didn't save the originals and put back in when they got rid of it. I do that quite often. Don't let the good stuff go. (That is why I have SO much fabric!) :D

ube quilting 06-02-2018 02:29 AM

This is adorable. Your vision of what you wanted is right on target. It is great from beginning to end.

The most difficult of tasks can be the most rewarding.
peace