Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One great fabric/quilt store (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-great-fabric-quilt-store-t11511.html)

HisSunshine 09-22-2008 10:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My sweet hubby took me to a great quilt store while we were on vacation in NH. He let me wander around for a couple of hours...while patiently waiting to go to the racetrack. :)

I think I walked in a stood there with my mouth open for a full five minutes. :shock: We don't have many fabric stores around here and none near as big as this one.

Here's what I got from Keepsake Quilting:

a baby charm pack, girly flannels and some random fat quarters that they had hanging tantilizingly all over the store
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19684[/ATTACH]

Hubby requested some coasters out the teddy bear fabric. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19722[/ATTACH]

mary quite contrary 09-22-2008 10:27 AM

I'm drooling. I get their catalog. I can't tell you how jealous I am. I think I'll just go check out their website since that's the closest I am getting.

HisSunshine 09-22-2008 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Last but not least, I got some beautiful autumn prints. I didn't have a project in mind when I picked them out. I'd like to make a wall hanging and maybe some placemats if there's enough fabric. If anyone has any patterns or suggestions, I'm open. :)

Oh, one other question: I usually prewash fabric, but do you prewash 5" charm squares???

mrsj82 09-22-2008 10:51 AM

I'm completely jealous! Those are great fabrics! And no, I wouldn't pre-wash a 5'' square...you'll get nothing but strings...

Marcia 09-22-2008 07:12 PM

Wow--You got to go to Keepsake Quilting!! I am in awe!! How fun for you. I can understand why you were just standing there with your mouth hanging open!!

Your fabrics are all great--but I am just curious about all the baby fabrics--are you trying to tell us something???

Belinda 09-23-2008 03:11 AM

I WOULD wash the squares especially if they are darker colors. Just hand wash them in the sink and lay them out to dry. Better safe than sorry. I was very sorry when I first started quilting , didn't wash some dark green fabric, put it in a wallhanging for daughter and the dark green color bled into the surrounding cream fabric. I was so sick about it!!!

tlrnhi 09-23-2008 03:18 AM

pretty, pretty!

beachlady 09-23-2008 03:20 AM

I live in Maine and never have been to Keepsake - lucky you. Great fabrics.

gcathie 09-23-2008 04:41 AM

I agree very nice.....I don't prewash..

HisSunshine 09-23-2008 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Your fabrics are all great--but I am just curious about all the baby fabrics--are you trying to tell us something???

Haha no, I don't have any fun news like that. I'm just trying to build up my stash for gifts and for the future. Hubby picked out several of the boy flannels, so I think I'll keep those for myself. :)