Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One of my first quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-my-first-quilts-t469.html)

pennyS 01-19-2007 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've only been quilting a year now. This is a Turning Twenty pattern using the Faded Memory collection. I wanted to do something in large blocks so I could really see and enjoy the fabric, also I thought it would a great exercise in sewing 1/4 inch seams. I loved every part of the process in making it.
Penny S.

Boo 01-19-2007 04:05 PM

I love that Moda Faded Memories collection! I bought a fat quarter of each of the 32 that Pam got in the shop. That fabric sold out so fast, that I didn't even have time to decide which fabrics to get.
That turning twenty looks great! Isn't it easy? I told the shop owner when making the one for the shop that the only thing easier would be not to cut the fat quarters at all. :lol: Each collection makes that quilt look so different. Thank you for sharing yours. :D

dforseth 01-19-2007 05:41 PM

Like your quilt, you did a wonderful job.

Debbie

gail 01-19-2007 06:10 PM

Great looking quilt! Where could I find the pattern?? Would make a great fast, baby quilt! gail

Boo 01-19-2007 08:00 PM

Gail, the Turning Twenty is a rather large bed quilt. It takes 20 fat quarters. This pattern is quick and easy and looks completely different depending on fabric choices. A similar pattern, called Yellow Brick Road, also takes fat quarters, but has instructions for many sizes from baby to large bed, just depending on number of FQ's.

BarbC 01-19-2007 08:22 PM

I made an Easter quilt using the Turn 20 pattern... and I have made several using the Yellow Brick Road pattern. There is a Turn 20 Again pattern also. I have it.. just haven't made one yet.

I absolutely LOVE the fabrics in this quilt! I love pinks and greens... especially the older vintage looking florals in sage and rose. Just beautiful!

Barb C

Becky 01-20-2007 01:56 AM

Love the colors, Love the quilt, Love the pattern.

pennyS 01-20-2007 04:23 AM

Thank you so much for your compliments. I fell in love with the fabric the moment I saw it. At first I thought it would be easy but I soon realized I did have to pay close attention to the pattern and how I constructed the blocks as well as placed my blocks, it was worth all the effort. My cousin has taken the fabric and used the pattern Boo mentioned for a baby quilt.
pennyS

gail 01-20-2007 08:42 AM

thanks for the info, Boo. That really does help me find the pattern (know I've got it somewhere--hahaha). I've got enough in my stash probably for a super king size quilt, but think I'll stay with baby size or lap size. This site is GREAT!!!

gail

SandyGail 01-25-2007 04:50 PM

I have just finished 2 Turning 20 tops. I have not see the other Turning 20 pattern, is it much different? I was amazed at how easy the quilt was. I usually do baby quilts, this was my first large one. I am going to look for the pattern you mentioned and the Yellow Brick Road one for babies. How did you quilt yours?
SandyGail