Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   one very plain wedding quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-very-plain-wedding-quilt-t188655.html)

terri bb 05-11-2012 06:47 AM

of course ellen! it is too beautiful to not share. especially with all of us quilters!please pass it on and on and on so it reaches the hearts of many.

Originally Posted by Blinkokr (Post 5209343)
WOW - Just beautiful, great job, thank you for sharing, I would love to pass this story on to my brothers ad sisters with your permission. Have a Blessed day as you have Blessed mine Ellen

pls1946 05-11-2012 06:59 AM

Thanks for the permission to pass the story along! Your quilt is wonderful to go along with this story!! I will leave the last two sentences off...

EvelynJ 05-11-2012 07:49 AM

The quilt is stunning and the passage gave me goosebumps. I too would like to be able to share with others your story if I may have your permission. Truly a wonderful and blessed gift for a newly married couple!! God bless their union.

jljack 05-11-2012 02:45 PM

Terri, I love the sentiment, and the quilt, including it's plain-ness.

liking quilting 05-11-2012 04:04 PM

I would suggest to leave the whole wording just as it is. I don't think any of it should be cut out.

Greenheron 05-11-2012 08:30 PM

I'd end it with ".....allowing Christ to shine through." After that nothing else is needed.
The quilt is lovely in the sunshine but it is sunny in itself.

ctmhjenn 05-11-2012 10:27 PM

I love your story too and if these are your words, then leave it as you wrote it, it was what was in your heart. I love it as complete as it...the new pastor will love the quilt, it is filled with the love of Christ and the hands of love.

terri bb 05-12-2012 04:25 AM

no no these are not my words. i wish i could take credit for them but im sure they would not have been as beautiful. wow! nine mile falls! we are practically neighbors! you dont find many people from around the north idaho area on the board! thank all of you for your compliments and kind words. i have really stressed over this as it is so plain but i am thrilled with the kind things you have said! have a great weekend! i am going to try hard to finish up two other projects so i can start on a third!

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn (Post 5210983)
I love your story too and if these are your words, then leave it as you wrote it, it was what was in your heart. I love it as complete as it...the new pastor will love the quilt, it is filled with the love of Christ and the hands of love.

SSTeacher 05-12-2012 05:39 AM

I have read that story before; however, you are right that the ending is "poor" compared to the story itself. It is like you only go to God when there is no one else to turn to. The truth is, He wants first place in our lives. He should never be a "last resort." That does not mean that we will not go through the trials and tribulations, it is just that He is ALWAYS with us, at least with those who have accepted Christ as their personal Savior.

Wintersewer 05-12-2012 05:46 AM

Oh, that story is so beautiful.......and so is the quilt!