Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   One woman quilt show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/one-woman-quilt-show-t23966.html)

barnbum 08-09-2009 07:06 PM

I could tell them horrific lawyer stories
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You enjoyed it just as much as they did.
Exactly--so no need to sing my praises--they made me smile! They are the sweetest bunch.

but sure could go together with others and do something simular for our area rest homes.
Exactly!! Perfect idea!! I did one for my grandmother years ago when I didn't have as much. I even forgot to show them the single blocks!! Rachel thought they'd survive. :roll: There's many I didn't take--some Rachel has at school and so many I've given away. They would have loved Jenny's Cat's Stairway to Heaven--I'll ask her if I can take it next year.

You can just go in and chat with them--you don't need to take anything. Rachel and I have played flute duets before--but I get too nervous. :oops: :roll: Or maybe you can show them how to bake something--anything!!

If you see the one woman who allowed you to take pics of her quilts again, give her a great big THANK YOU from us
I will!! I'll see her again when my students go in the play games. Jackie always plays! :D But--I'll email Kandy to relay the message, too!! I'll send this link to Kandy!

the picture I had of you in my mind looked like the horse in your avatar - long, straight blond hair with bangs.... nice to get that straightened out.
:lol: I like your picture better. :wink: There were photos of me in the horse post...in Chit-Chat. But, I'm usually behind the camera. :wink:

JoanneS 08-09-2009 07:26 PM

What a wonderful show you put on. It reminded me so much of where my Mom lived for a while. Some of the ladies had quilts in their rooms - like Jackie with the quilt her mother made for her as a baby and the quilt her mother used to sleep under.

jacquemoe 08-09-2009 07:42 PM

Karla, what a wonderful thing you did. I can see the ladies looking at the quilts with such intensity and, I'm sure, admiration. I looks to me like some of them are thinking of trying to quilt again. I'm sure you gave them a great gift just by being there. Your daughter is a darned good photographer too. I have great admiration for you.

Kyiav10 08-09-2009 09:04 PM

Karla, What a great person you are!!! I think they had a wonderful time and I am glad that you enjoyed it!

Kyia

quiltluvr 08-09-2009 09:43 PM

This was such a treat to share with us, but pales in comparison to the joy and smiles you brought to all those lovely faces in the photos.

I'd hug you if I saw you in person. What a touching way to share your talents and bond with some very special people.

Also, what a GREAT idea to do too!

SulaBug 08-09-2009 10:41 PM

Karla,
Your pictures are wonderful!! :D I am
so glad you have shared them with us.
I enjoy seeing all of the quilt you have
made. Congrats on your sales!!
:D :D :D :D :D

blahel 08-09-2009 10:45 PM

it was a joy to see the smiles on everyones faces..they all obviously enjoyed every minute of it and looks like you did too!

thismomquilts 08-10-2009 05:13 AM

This is SUCH a neat idea - our church has a group of ladies who make quilts AND we have a couple of nursing home minstries - maybe we should combine them and do this one day. The Home Ec teacher touched my heart. She must have been so proud!

Bevanger 08-10-2009 05:59 AM

what fun. thank you so much for sharing

Mamaskeeto 08-10-2009 06:25 AM

What a great thing you did. I'm sure there were quilters among the group that most likely can't quilt any longer but still enjoy the beauty of a quilt and the feel of fabric between their fingers.