Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Only a few more Splendids to go!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/only-few-more-splendids-go-t285563.html)

Kitsie 01-27-2017 11:06 AM

Only a few more Splendids to go!!

2 Attachment(s)
But here are 3 of the latest. The first one was a real work out for piecing accurately of the orange circle and inner propeller ( this was my 2nd try of this block! I tried to use a permanent marker to "adjust" the propeller which was not the thing to do!!) The other of the pair is #89 and yes, there are my favorite bugs!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566847[/ATTACH]

This next one is #92 and gave me more fun appliqueing. I learned something else that is handy. After doing the blanket stitch around the leaves and buds it seemed very washed out. So I took some embroidery floss and threaded it through the blanket stitch! Easy fix and the look I wanted. Also I tried a "split" stitch for the scrolls - I used to do stem stitch but could never keep them neat on curves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566846[/ATTACH]

Hope you all have a project that is giving you as much enjoyment as this one is for me!

Sheep Farmer 01-27-2017 11:09 AM

WOW!
Beautiful job.
A lot of intricate detail.
Love the ladybugs. :-D

JuneBillie 01-27-2017 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 7750704)
But here are 3 of the latest. The first one was a real work out for piecing accurately of the orange circle and inner propeller ( this was my 2nd try of this block! I tried to use a permanent marker to "adjust" the propeller which was not the thing to do!!) The other of the pair is #89 and yes, there are my favorite bugs!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566847[/ATTACH]

This next one is #92 and gave me more fun appliqueing. I learned something else that is handy. After doing the blanket stitch around the leaves and buds it seemed very washed out. So I took some embroidery floss and threaded it through the blanket stitch! Easy fix and the look I wanted. Also I tried a "split" stitch for the scrolls - I used to do stem stitch but could never keep them neat on curves.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566846[/ATTACH]

Hope you all have a project that is giving you as much enjoyment as this one is for me!

They are gorgeous!

Jordan 01-27-2017 12:20 PM

Very nice blocks and you did a beautiful job on them. Love the ladybugs. Too many pieces to put together for me. You must have a lot of patience.

nativetexan 01-27-2017 12:37 PM

oh those are soooo cute!! and yes, i've done the black marker fix myself. Great blocks.

lynnie 01-27-2017 01:35 PM

your blocks are splendid ! waiting to see it done

Lilrain 01-27-2017 03:52 PM

Very nice job. Will be excited to see the finished quilt

tessagin 01-27-2017 04:21 PM

Absolutely love the idea of using the embroidery floss. Novel idea!

fred singer 01-27-2017 04:49 PM

very nice

QuiltnNan 01-27-2017 05:07 PM

cute ladybugs