Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Opinions Needed Please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/opinions-needed-please-t53851.html)

justwannaquilt 07-11-2010 05:27 AM

I love the block! Maybe just change the color a little instead of using WHITE use a tan or cream. I love white because it makes everything look clean and new but when you are wanting something to go with old, I think a light tan or cream would look good!

pstoner 07-11-2010 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
wait until it's finised to decide. it's wonderful so far.

make a different block you think might be more appropriate for the other side.

she'll have a reversible topper. ;-)

Good idea!!!

What a wonderful idea Patrice! I think the block is beautiful, but if you are concerned, I would follow Patrice's idea.

sueisallaboutquilts 07-11-2010 05:55 AM

I love Patrice's idea as well. I have a lot of antiques in my home and make all kinds of quilts. I don't always stick to traditional styles even though they seem to be my favs. It's fun to go outside the box sometimes. :D
I love your blocks!!!

Rebecca VLQ 07-11-2010 06:01 AM

You know the little green aliens on Toy Story? Where they are all impressed and go "Oooooooo......Aaaaaaaahhhhhh"

Yeah. Um....I just did that. :oops:

It's awesome. And, I agree w/the reversible idea.

Annaquilts 07-11-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I love the block! Maybe just change the color a little instead of using WHITE use a tan or cream. I love white because it makes everything look clean and new but when you are wanting something to go with old, I think a light tan or cream would look good!

Yes, creme or muslin?

DebraK 07-11-2010 06:22 AM

incredible block.

DoxieMom 07-11-2010 06:30 AM

Beautiful blocks! I agree that using a tan or cream--or maybe tea dying the blocks--would make it look more antique.

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt

stitchinwitch 07-11-2010 06:56 AM

Yeah to Patrice for the suggestion! It is a perfect one - I DO like the pattern ALOT, but - you are right - it is too "modern". It would be a perfect change to have her flip-flip it over - these colors are good, right? So--now-----which pattern are you planning to use for the reverse?? Log cabin?? hmmmmmm

Lockeb 07-11-2010 07:09 AM

Betty,
I love the block and the way that they look when they go together....BEAUTIFUL!!!!

eparys 07-11-2010 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Yeah to Patrice for the suggestion! It is a perfect one - I DO like the pattern ALOT, but - you are right - it is too "modern". It would be a perfect change to have her flip-flip it over - these colors are good, right? So--now-----which pattern are you planning to use for the reverse?? Log cabin?? hmmmmmm

Yes she has true white and red in her room. I like the idea of cream or ivory but that would not go. Her walls, woodwork and accents are clear white as well as her China.

Now for the back -> now that I am thinking two - for - one . . . Maybe I might do a Christmas Double Irish Chhain with a solid red, solid white and a one of the Maywood Christmas greens from last year that I have in my stash.