Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

BettyJean 12-08-2011 04:09 PM

Why does this keep popping up?

ruthie 12-09-2011 08:40 PM

The colors are lovely. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

allets 12-10-2011 09:17 AM

My blocks so far

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sample of my blocks so far. Have to many other things to get done before Christmas so I'm just doing a few of each as the steps are posted. Not sure I like the colors but Bonnie's never miss lead me yet. It makes a world of difference once they are all together. Love all those that have posted so far.

SheriR 12-10-2011 10:09 AM

allets, am I seeing right. You've done all your HST with one black and one white? All your pieces are amazing. I'll be looking for your finished quilt for sure!!

~Sheri

JeanieG 12-10-2011 12:14 PM

Good job allets. Your quilt will be beautiful! I am using Bonnie's colors also, as I did last year. Have not started Clue 4 yet, but have the paper cut!

SaraSewing 12-10-2011 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been working on the step 4. I love strip quilting. I have been using sea green - not because it's my favorite, but because I have so many scraps that color. The photo shows my shaddow and the flash makes it look a little washed out. But overall, I like the color combo. I like the small steps over 8 or 9 weeks because it's not totally overwhelming all at once.

allets 12-10-2011 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4768959)
allets, am I seeing right. You've done all your HST with one black and one white? All your pieces are amazing. I'll be looking for your finished quilt for sure!!

~Sheri

No I haven't completed all the HST blocks yet. Only about 30. However I am making them with just one black and one white. I don't have that big a stash and seeings we are using black and neutrals for the other QST I had started them with mixed up black prints so wanted the HST to be a little different. Can't wait to see what they will all look like. It's amazing how different they will look even using Bonnie's colors.

Wholeheart Mom 12-10-2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae (Post 4751014)
I am ready for step 4.

Beautiful! I love your color choices, and your blocks are impeccably perfect! Bravo!

Wholeheart Mom 12-10-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by SaraSewing (Post 4770569)
I have been working on the step 4. I love strip quilting. I have been using sea green - not because it's my favorite, but because I have so many scraps that color. The photo shows my shaddow and the flash makes it look a little washed out. But overall, I like the color combo. I like the small steps over 8 or 9 weeks because it's not totally overwhelming all at once.

Wow.... the sea green is beautiful next to the red.... it really helps it pop.

Caroline S 12-11-2011 03:20 PM

Whoo Hooo!!!! 72 of Part 2 Done

2 Attachment(s)
Just finished. Can't start part 3 until I finish binding two quilts and making a corduroy patch quilt for my grandson.
Photo 1 is my blue string blocks, photo 2 are the other quilt inspectors sleeping on the job.