Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

sewbeadit 02-09-2012 03:58 AM

I just had to come and see what you were all doing over here. I have enjoyed it all. It is amazing how each quilt looks like it is a different quilt pattern by the colors chosen Truly a cool experience to see. I have copied the pattern but don't know if I will ever get to it as it looks kinda hard! Great job.

yayaquilts 02-09-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit (Post 4957496)
I have copied the pattern but don't know if I will ever get to it as it looks kinda hard! Great job.

It's not so much hard as time consuming!! and you have to be careful with the cutting and seam allowances! I'm still working on mine. I'm on part 5, I think and have a lot still to do. It's been fun and lots of encouragement in this group!

vbourck 02-12-2012 04:55 PM

Orca Bay with Bonnie

4 Attachment(s)
OK, I promised these pictures a while ago, sorry for not getting them up sooner. I had a great time at a workshop for Blue Ridge Beauty with Bonnie in PA and was very excited to be able to show her my Orca Bay top in person. Didn't realize the window would shine through, but it is still a good picture.
I am still trying to decide about additional border(s)- either red or gold. Or may just say it is done and get on to quilting it!
It is amazing how dofferent and wonderful this pattern is in each different color scheme. I really like them better the more I see them. It is a busier quilt than I would normally choose, which is why I didn't do the red strings-besides I just don't really like string blocks. And Bonnie was great about the changes- so gracious and encouraging.
The last picture is what I got done at the workshop- all from stash. It is a really fun and easy pattern.

Vicki

bookworm 02-12-2012 05:01 PM

I really like the look without the red strings

JeanieG 02-12-2012 06:05 PM

I like the red for the border! I really makes the red stand out in your quilt. Great job. I've got mine (in Bonnie's colors) put away to quilt when I get time.

Emma S 02-13-2012 07:42 AM

Vicki: Your quilt is just beautiful. I think I would like the gold the best for the border. Probably depends more on what color you want to bring out. Great job!

allets 02-13-2012 10:56 AM

Love your colors on Orca Bay. I like the red border best. I haven't done any more on mine. Got a cold and just haven't felt like sewing.

brookemarie19 02-15-2012 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know I haven't been on here in a while to tell you guys how I'm doing, but was able to get a picture up. I have the first 3 rows sewn together and the next 3 labeled so that I don't get them all mixed up. I have part of the quilt on a makeshift design board since I don't have a real one... lol whatever works lol

Sadiemae 02-15-2012 07:13 PM

Brooke, your quilt is going to be beautiful!!!:o

Caroline S 02-15-2012 10:55 PM

Looking good Brooke. I have one of my neutral blocks and am finding it so difficult get interested in finishing it. But I am sure that if I don't sinish soon the Quilt Police will come looking for me.:eek: