Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Orca bay mystery picture thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/orca-bay-mystery-picture-thread-t168881.html)

Sadiemae 03-01-2012 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by baskets4moo (Post 5022081)
Ok, I finally finished my Ohio stars. I put my mock-up on the wall and I didn't think I liked the color contrast between the purples/pinks and the teals/blues. So I made a few lime greens strings instead, but don't think I like that any better. So now what to do? Ask you guys, of course :thumbup:Please help me decide, blues or greens??

If you prefer a calmer quilt, I would choose the teal/blue. If you prefer a more vibrant quilt, I would choose the lime green.

brookemarie19 03-01-2012 12:58 PM

I vote for teal. I think it helps blend a little better with the triangles

Rhonda Lee 03-01-2012 04:55 PM

Wow..awesome! I would have never thought to use green, it's magic. The teal soothes. I can't decide. Mine is still partly done, sitting in a box, patiently waiting while I finish two quilts that have precedence..so I will probably finish last, but I will finish. You all have inspired me.

yayaquilts 03-01-2012 05:53 PM

baskets4moo: WOW! I love your colors. Both layouts look great! I think I like the teal blue strings best (my opinion!!) I need to get back to my Orca Bay...I'm still working on the triangles!!! Of course I've been working on finishing a few projects and putting together a couple of quilts from blocks received from my Boomerang 6-Spring group!!

SaraSewing 03-01-2012 06:21 PM

I vote the blue. it blends in better.

SheriR 03-01-2012 06:54 PM

I can't believe you went to all that time/trouble to make another set of squares. Both colors give such a different look. Snappy green or sunset blue. One thing's FORSURE I need to get back too me and finish it up!!

Suse 03-02-2012 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by baskets4moo (Post 5022081)
Ok, I finally finished my Ohio stars. I put my mock-up on the wall and I didn't think I liked the color contrast between the purples/pinks and the teals/blues. So I made a few lime greens strings instead, but don't think I like that any better. So now what to do? Ask you guys, of course :thumbup:Please help me decide, blues or greens??

I also like the blues better

baskets4moo 03-03-2012 07:44 AM

And the winner is....... teals/blues! Thanks everybody, I really appreciate your comments to help me decide. I'm glad I made the green strings, otherwise I would of always wondered. It wasn't that much work, I just made 2 10-1/2" square string blocks and cut them up into 9 squares each. I like them, but not in my calming Orca Sunset. They'll be a great starting point for a new scrappy project.

candi, I really like your additional borders, I might just might borrow your idea. Happy piecing everyone!

bettyboop32953 03-21-2012 03:52 AM

I am plodding along. I love, love the quilt. I finally have the blocks done and have it up on the design wall. I am so happy with the quilt. I still have to piece the borders. I am adding a black inner border before the pieced border.

bettyboop32953 03-21-2012 03:57 AM

Orca Bay Mystery on the Design Wall

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my progress on the wall. I used Bonnie's color suggestions. It was my first quilt with her and I wasn't brave enough to deviate on the colors. I have seen some absolutely beautiful combinations. Next time I won't be so cautious.