Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Package from Paducah WOOHOO! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/package-paducah-woohoo-t41221.html)

quiltingnonie 03-30-2010 12:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Received the fabrics I ordered today for my 1st French Braid quilt! Not sure these will all work.... They are NOT in the order they will be in the braid, but had to photograph them that way so you could see the colors better. The orca whale fabric does not have that much pink in it, and has a midnight blue background. It will be the fabric for the larger diagonal set center squares. The black "raindrop" fabric is for the smaller accent diamonds.
I'm excited to get started :thumbup:

French Braid choices
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36832[/ATTACH]

whales: not that blue or pink
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36833[/ATTACH]

Marjpf 03-30-2010 12:32 PM

Great bunch of fabrics. Makes it fun to go to the mail box! I can't wait to see your finished quilt. It will be lovely.

thequilterslink 03-30-2010 01:04 PM

Oh that is going to be one lovely quilt, be sure to send pics when you have it done, so we can all drool again :)

wvdek 03-30-2010 01:53 PM

Don't ya love Hancock's? So many choices.

lisalovesquilting 03-30-2010 02:15 PM

Love your batiks! Your quilt will be gorgeous.

JanetM 03-30-2010 02:46 PM

Batiks, batiks, and more batiks! Don't you love it? You found some real beauties so I have no doubt your french braid will be spectacular.
You'll have to lay them out in different sequences to see which order you like best. I think one of the best things about batiks is that each strip from a given fabric will look just different enough to be unique. Your quilt will have both beautiful color and texture. I can't wait to see it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

quiltingnonie 03-30-2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Batiks, batiks, and more batiks! Don't you love it? You found some real beauties so I have no doubt your french braid will be spectacular.
You'll have to lay them out in different sequences to see which order you like best. I think one of the best things about batiks is that each strip from a given fabric will look just different enough to be unique. Your quilt will have both beautiful color and texture. I can't wait to see it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm anxious to get started 'auditioning' the fabrics. Will probably pull some from stash also. Now, WHEN are we gonna see yours

:?: :?:

JanetM 03-30-2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
[I'm anxious to get started 'auditioning' the fabrics. Will probably pull some from stash also. Now, WHEN are we gonna see yours

:?: :?:

I have several projects yet to do but everytime I am in a LQS I check out the batiks. I've also been doing some internet searches. It's coming, it's coming.

littlehud 04-03-2010 07:04 PM

Those are beautiful. I can't wait to see the quilt. Keep us posted.

STEMSAM 04-03-2010 08:35 PM

Very nice fabric.