Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Painted floral blocks in a quilt top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/painted-floral-blocks-quilt-top-t178119.html)

nwm50 02-06-2012 06:19 PM

Perfect, stunning, out of this world gorgeous blocks but the real deal is the way u used the courthouse pattern & colors to accent these blocks! So wonderful of family to donate these beautiful blocks to be made into an quilt.

Sandynorm 02-06-2012 06:30 PM

I love the way you put it together with the log cabins.

carolynjo 02-06-2012 07:51 PM

You did a really good job figuring out how to balance the design.

AnnaF 02-06-2012 08:16 PM

Wow that is stunning!!!

smurfsmom 02-06-2012 08:18 PM

Wow! Wow! Wow!

sailsablazin 02-06-2012 08:30 PM

What a talented artist. However, I feel that you have as much, if not more, artistic ability, creativity, and insight into the design of this quilt. WHOA!!! This is one awesome job.. If it goes up for auction, I would surely be interested in bidding or buying a raffle ticket... I would find a place for this quilt.

kitsykeel 02-06-2012 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rebecca_S (Post 4941604)
Last year the quilting group at my mother's church received a donation of some painted blocks from the family of a woman who had passed. My mother took these painted floral blocks and but stuck for a pattern so I took them to mull over. They are not exactly my style but some were very well done so I wanted to use them to their best advantage.

I was inspired to use the courthouse steps block with cornerstones setting after seeing pictures of Jenny Breyer's Moonglow quilt. She used the setting much more effectively but I hope I was able to achieve a balance of framing and complementing the talent that went into painting the blocks.

The top is now ready to go back to the church's quilting group where they will hand quilt it.

That is about the prettiest thing I have ever seen. What you did with the blocks and colors is amazing.

mjhaess 02-07-2012 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca_S (Post 4941604)
Last year the quilting group at my mother's church received a donation of some painted blocks from the family of a woman who had passed. My mother took these painted floral blocks and but stuck for a pattern so I took them to mull over. They are not exactly my style but some were very well done so I wanted to use them to their best advantage.

I was inspired to use the courthouse steps block with cornerstones setting after seeing pictures of Jenny Breyer's Moonglow quilt. She used the setting much more effectively but I hope I was able to achieve a balance of framing and complementing the talent that went into painting the blocks.

The top is now ready to go back to the church's quilting group where they will hand quilt it.

OMG.............That is beautiful...Love it....Great job...

nstewart9 02-07-2012 07:36 AM

wow! you really "honored" the artist! Wonderful job. The setting and colors really make the blocks pop!

Marysewfun 02-12-2012 07:28 AM

Perfect combination! Just yesterday I saw a guest on Fons & Porter quilt show that demonstrated painting stuff like flowers as quilt blocks - but of course packed into 20 mins, his stuff was not nearly as articulate, but the concept was interesting. These quilt blocks are absolutely outstanding and the accent you used makes each one of them stand out in its own. Beautiful job!

Marysewfun