Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Painting Shoes for a quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/painting-shoes-quilt-t117765.html)

merrylouw 04-21-2011 02:57 PM

Jeannie,

This is an awesome idea! Pure genius! I love the blue shoe, it's beautiful.

Can't wait to see the rest of the blocks!

quilting.addict 04-21-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
That is too cool. I love painting quilts. Most people think they are hand applique

Deb, is that rose painted????? it's gorgeous!! Tonite I am going to paint a green high heeled sandle!

Foxflower 04-21-2011 06:50 PM

So, where do you get those paints? I want to try it. I've been using fabric markers to trace pictures of family members onto fabric. With only a few colors on hand (and not wanting to spend lots of money on more) they came out kind of modern in style, but definitely recognizable. Paint would be way fun!!!!!! I like to paint too, though I'm not as talented as you and haven't done it in a LONG time now.

lpsewing 04-21-2011 07:47 PM

What an amazing talent you have !
Please keep us all updated !

quilting.addict 04-21-2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower
So, where do you get those paints? I want to try it. I've been using fabric markers to trace pictures of family members onto fabric. With only a few colors on hand (and not wanting to spend lots of money on more) they came out kind of modern in style, but definitely recognizable. Paint would be way fun!!!!!! I like to paint too, though I'm not as talented as you and haven't done it in a LONG time now.

They are made by Deco Art and called SoSoft. The come in a gazillion colors. I buy them on line and they are much cheaper than in craft stores. (I pay about .97 per 1.15 fl oz bottle). I will send you the website tomorrow. It's downstairs in sewing room. I am going to eat dinner and watch a movie.
You will love this art form!!

Pamela Artman 04-21-2011 07:55 PM

Beautiful! You're very talented!

Foxflower 04-21-2011 07:56 PM

Thank you ... looking forward to the info. Love the shoe. May I suggest a cowgirl boot?--so many possibilities!

sueisallaboutquilts 04-21-2011 08:58 PM

Jeannie, keep us posted!! You do such wonderful work :D:D

QuiltnCowgirl 04-21-2011 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
What a cool idea & combination of medias! Can't wait to see more. Hmmm...interested in doing one of my horse?

Do you like to color?? I trace the pattern on with graphite paper, onto the fabric. I use So Soft Paints and they are wonderful for quilting on them, thru them, or whatever. I am not a "draw-er"... at all. I look at the color photo and mix paints until I get the colors I need. If you enjoy coloring, that's really all this is, using acrylic paints. If you want a painting of your horse for a quilt center, you just want it not to be real large or the detail becomes to important. Here's the center of my iris quilt, when I started it

I am a great artist...in my head lol. Even from a picture there is no way I could draw, much less correctly color. Reason I tossed out the question (mostly in jest) is because I have an idea for a wallhanging using my QB username, and I thought it would be cool to include Dusty someway, even if just a photo of him transferred onto fabric. Then I saw your painted shoe and away went my imagination...with no skill to back it up...again LOL.

Gramof6 04-21-2011 09:43 PM

Oh My Gosh! I really love this! Very much! I tole paint and the quilting has certainly took up all of my time. I may try this. Any tips you would share on painting on fabric? This is going to be a stunning quilt. Thank You so much for sharing & inspiring.