Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Phew!!! More than 7500 pieces in my FIRST scrappy quilt and it is ALL DONE!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/phew-more-than-7500-pieces-my-first-scrappy-quilt-all-done-t185501.html)

candi 04-09-2012 11:34 AM

Phew!!! More than 7500 pieces in my FIRST scrappy quilt and it is ALL DONE!!!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all, and sorry for shouting but I just can't contain my excitement over finishing this quilt, yay! My first ever scrappy quilt, well I guess it is controlled scrappy made from TONS of FQs, that I made following Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt Orca Bay. I changed the colors, made it bigger and changed the borders and ended up with this monster of a quilt that is 102x106, and hubby estimated a count of more than 7500 pieces!!! The quilt was a challenge for me with all the points, seams and everything else, and it is busy busy, but I am really happy with the end result, and so is wonderful husband.

I rented a longarm and quilted it free hand with all over spirals, figured as busy as it is, bad quilting shouldn't ruin it
:D:D:D:D. Finished sewing the binding down yesterday while watching the Masters, and we tested it last night and it performed A OK, lol. Lots of work went into it and I am thrilled to have it finished. Thinking of making this one our Christmas quilt( wasn't planned as such, but sure looks Christmasy to me):)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326519[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]326520[/ATTACH]

P.S. sorry for the many pictures but I had hard time getting a good shot, and the outside pictures shows truer colors.

Thanks all for looking and thanks to the Orca Bay Sew Along group for encouraging me to join and complete this quilt.

dhanke 04-09-2012 11:39 AM

Wow, it's fabulous! Great colors and quilting too, it really turned out great. Those big monster sized quilts are a project and a half, congrats on finishing it up.

sassy granny 04-09-2012 11:41 AM

Looks beautiful to me. And a lot of work. You did well.

sassy granny

erstan947 04-09-2012 11:42 AM

My hat is off to you!! I thought about doing this mystery quilt......but I got over it!:) Yours turned out beautiful and the quilting is great too! Good job.....love it!♥

Tartan 04-09-2012 11:46 AM

It's fa-la-la-la-fabulous! It would be great anytime of the year but especially pretty for the Holiday Season.:thumbup:

Sallyjane 04-09-2012 11:47 AM

Beautiful!

Grandma Bonnie 04-09-2012 11:53 AM

What a big, beautiful quilt you have made!! Congratulations on the great job you did!

marilynr 04-09-2012 11:53 AM

That is amazing. Your quilting is beautiful too.

kristakz 04-09-2012 11:58 AM

That's lovely! My (small) Orca Bay is still waiting for borders. I love what you did with yours. And I agree - looks Christmas-y to me, too.

Blinkokr 04-09-2012 11:59 AM

WOW - Just beautiful. great job and thank you for sharing
Have a Blessed day
Ellen