Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A photo, finally! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/photo-finally-t292.html)

RUTH CLARKE 12-19-2006 12:32 PM

What a wonderful quilt - bit out of my league at the mo - not the 1" squares - the applique - wow

Maybe I'll be brave next year ...

Ruth

PS go on tell us how many 1" sq - Boo will never know!

Leslee 12-19-2006 05:25 PM

Awwww....you've all been so nice! All those wonderful compliments and tellin' me how puffed up and proud o' myself I oughta be! I feel a little silly admitting this, but...I really don't have any idea how many flippin' little squares are in that thing!!!! I suppose you want me to COUNT them all now, don't ya???!! :shock:

Minda 12-19-2006 05:47 PM

Awww.....come on. Count the flippin little things. :lol:

kathy 12-20-2006 04:10 AM

By all means, flip out and count'em already!

Rainbow 12-20-2006 04:19 AM

Ruth, I LOVED the Irish Chain quilt that had 1 inch squares and VOWED that I would not do 1 inches - so I did 2 1/2 inch squares (2 inches). You MAY want to consider THAT - then you could strip 6-8 L-O-N-G sections and reuse that particular sequence over and over....just a thoughts.

I found that the 1 1/2 inch squares were just as lovely, just not as many repeats in the quilt....did not miss the extra patterns when all was completed.

Leslee 12-20-2006 07:45 AM

YOU WIN! I give up. I counted the squares. 1,746 of 'em, but it sure felt like thousands at the time! The quilt finished at 77 x 90. The next top I've got ready to baste and quilt is a 90" square Hawaiian design...guess I'll send a picture of that when I finish, in like maybe a couple of years! Thanks for all your laughter and compliments, you're all a great bunch!

ceannastahr 12-20-2006 08:05 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. I hope someday I'll have enough talent and wisdom to do something like that. For now I guess I'll stick to the simple easy ones.

kathy 12-20-2006 08:35 AM

whew!!!! that's alotta little pieces

Leslee 12-20-2006 08:24 PM

The best part was when I finished the last stitch, when my hands were sore and I was grumping about how I'd NEVER attempt anything like this again. I washed the quilt on gentle cycle and let it tumble in the dryer...and when I took it out of the dryer it was so soft and warm and crinkled I just wrapped myself up in it, it was like being 5 years old again and having Grandma give me her biggest hug. There's nothing like a quilt. They're magical.

Boo 12-20-2006 08:45 PM

Okay, just off the top of my head, I'll guess 1,746 pieces. Let me know if I win.
You already have a hawaiian top appliqued? What is the pattern? Did you tell me this before? I really am thinking of just jumping into that big one right away. Let me ask you, do you do the applique basting 1/2" from the edge or do you use the Roxanne glue baste? One of my patterns suggests using that glue baste stuff, but I am thinking it would be hard to control. Have you used it?