Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Photo Quilt for dad's 90th birthday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/photo-quilt-dads-90th-birthday-t212096.html)

gramajo 01-26-2013 07:54 PM

Wonderful, Kim!

Diane007 01-26-2013 08:50 PM

a very nice gift........

blueangel 01-27-2013 05:01 AM

What brand of sheets did you use. Your pictures are so bright. Did you print them on your home computer?

quiltykim 01-27-2013 05:36 AM

Thank you! I used mostly June Tailor Colorfast sheets and a few Printed Treasures sheets. Before making this quilt I tried photo to fabric using EQ Printables and I would have used them but they weren't available when I got started. The EQ Printables would have been nicer because they turned out soft like fabric. The think I didn't like about the June Tailor sheets is that they aren't very soft. I'm not sure I could tell much difference between the June Tailor and Printed Treasures sheets. I printed everything on our home Brother MFC 490 CW printer making sure it was full of ink. I ruined a few sheets but running the printer on "clean" cycle fixed it. I have also used the printable fabric to make fun personalized photo pillows.

Originally Posted by pjk0326 (Post 5816255)
I have made a few Photo quilts but your pictures are so clear and vibrant! I wonder if it is your printer? You said you used several brands of printable fabric sheets and they all look great!

landers1 01-27-2013 05:53 AM

Awesome job,

quiltylori 01-27-2013 06:14 AM

Oh my goodness!!! That is absolutely beautiful!! Did you do the quilting yourself? I bet your dad really appreciated all of your hard work and like what others have said, it will be a family heirloom...you are sooooo talented!! We must get together and do some quilting....hope to see you soon......love ya!

littlebitoheaven 01-27-2013 06:41 AM

This is a remarkable memory quilt. I love the deep colors in the photos and the clarity. My photos on fabric usually look so faded and dull. May I ask you to share your method and let us know what printer you have. I am thrilled that someone is able to get this kind of result. Lovely. What a great gift. Aside from living to be 90 and having a great daughter, he has this beautiful memory quilt. Love it!

littlebitoheaven 01-27-2013 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven (Post 5817140)
This is a remarkable memory quilt. I love the deep colors in the photos and the clarity. My photos on fabric usually look so faded and dull. May I ask you to share your method and let us know what printer you have. I am thrilled that someone is able to get this kind of result. Lovely. What a great gift. Aside from living to be 90 and having a great daughter, he has this beautiful memory quilt. Love it!

So sorry, I should have read the rest of the comments before asking these questions. Thank you for sharing. Y

gabeway 01-27-2013 07:23 AM

Really great job!

mighty 01-27-2013 08:01 AM

Wonderful quilt!