Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pictures of Allie's baby quilt- UPDATE - Baby born Sep 3 @ 4:30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pictures-allies-baby-quilt-update-baby-born-sep-3-%40-4-30-a-t10563.html)

Jim's Gem 08-25-2008 06:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Lately I have helped a young lady make her first quilt. This quilt is to be given to the adoptive parents when her baby is born. The plan is for the new parents to be in the delivery room and to let the new dad cut the cord. The baby is due on thursday. All she has left to do is to sew on the label (notice the pins) and then wash it. I think it is a wonderful thing she is doing for her son, giving him to a family who will love and cherish him. Allison was able to pick the family out herself after reviewing several who met her hopes on how she wants the child raised. She will be able to stay in contact and receive updates and pictures as he grows.

tlrnhi 08-25-2008 06:23 PM

That's really nice and what a really sweet girl!!
Give her some hugs from me!

PamH 08-25-2008 06:37 PM

What a wonderful gift she is doing out of love. Her quilt is very cute.

Marcia 08-25-2008 07:00 PM

Hugs for Allie. What a sweet and generous girl. The quilt is precious and I can tell she put a lot of love into it.

gcathie 08-25-2008 07:33 PM

Nice job Allie did you enjoy doing the quilt?

Barb M 08-25-2008 07:35 PM

Thank you so much for such a beautiful story. You have given this girl a precious gift helping her with this quilt, and i love psalm 139, it is one of my favourites, it says i knew you when you were in your mothers womb, before you were born, and it also says that all the days ordained for you were written in my book, before you were even born. I'm sorry, im getty mushy here, because my memory isnt that good any more, but when i saw psalm 139 written on the label, i was just flooded with the memory of those words. So very very beautiful! And so glad it will be an open adoption, bless Allie :)

eweandme 08-25-2008 07:44 PM

That is such a wonderful story, thank you for sharing it with us. Allie did a wonderful quilt, it is so beautiful!!! I love Psalm 139, too!!!
Donna

Jim's Gem 08-25-2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by gcathie
Nice job Allie did you enjoy doing the quilt?

At first she said that this would be her only quilt, but I told her that now she has to make some for her future children or they will be jealous. Allison will be returning to college in September, she has 3 semesters to go, maybe during next summer I can get her to make something for herself with the leftover fabrics from this quilt. Thank you for all your wonderful comments. Yes, Psalm 139 has a very special meaning for her and I as well.

ScubaK 08-25-2008 08:06 PM

Beautiful and wonderful story.
k

Celeste 08-25-2008 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I think it is a wonderful thing she is doing for her son, giving him to a family who will love and cherish him.

I agree wholeheartedly! Please send her our love and admiration for doing such an unselfish thing! She really loves that baby, that's for sure.

It's a beautiful quilt, and it's true, she should make more!!!