Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pictures from australia (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pictures-australia-t1401.html)

Moonpi 07-10-2007 05:59 PM

What fun your Christmas quilt is! I love it. Are the gray big-eyed tree climbers koalas?

sharonmobilia 07-10-2007 08:28 PM

The grey animals in the top left are actually possums hanging the christmas lights in the tree. YOu probably can't see them but the quilt has lots of beads on top to represent christmas baubles, lights even their eyes. The koala is helping to put the star on the christmas tree, he is bluey grey. The star formation on the quilt is the southern cross from the australian flag and the largest star is the federation star to represent the states of Australia.

Glad everyone liked it. I made it between children and made an effort to get it finished for last christmas.

Sharon

ButtercreamCakeArtist 07-11-2007 04:45 AM

I noticed the beads. That's really pretty.

We have opossums (possums) here in WV. Funny little critters. :D They are plentiful. I know most of the East(ern) Coast states (US) have them, how about anyone else?

Rebecca Chambley 07-11-2007 05:24 AM

We have a whole bunch, plus we have armadillo's. and a few other varmits, that slither,

ceannastahr 07-11-2007 06:55 AM

I love the Aussie christmas oh so cute. I think that variaction of the dresden plate is fantistic never seen one like it. I have a thing for dresden plate quilts I took a real close look you did a great job of cutting the cross pieces fom you fabric to have the all excatly alike. I think the just set it off perfectly.

I've never seen any material around here that looks anything like it. Now I'm going to have to look everywhere thought of a few place where it could make a differnce in the way a quilt I'm working will look

sharonmobilia 07-11-2007 04:17 PM

The dark pink and black patterned material came from Thailand as a gift from my brother who had just finished an around the world
trip. That was the inspiration for the quilt. The plain pink I already had in the cupboard and the pink stripe and the green stripe I purchased in a store in WA called Lincraft. Not sure where it was made I used it all up in my swap parcels.

Sharon

ceannastahr 07-11-2007 07:23 PM

well the fabric is beauitful when you look at it you think the black was cut differntly it realy give your plate an awesome look

ShellyQ 07-12-2007 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
I noticed the beads. That's really pretty.

We have opossums (possums) here in WV. Funny little critters. :D They are plentiful. I know most of the East(ern) Coast states (US) have them, how about anyone else?

Have lots of possums here in NZ, But unfortunately they are a bit of a pest here, are an introduced spieces and have no natural preditors here and cause alot of damage to native bush. I love them though and had one as a pet when I was a child, it used to curl round my neck like a fur collar :)

CAROLJ 04-24-2010 08:57 PM

I was looking in the archives for inspiration and I saw the Christmas quilt, A D O R A B L E :thumbup:

Pickles 04-24-2010 09:20 PM

Very cute , l like them both, nice work :thumbup: