Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pillow for niece and bag for daughter (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pillow-niece-bag-daughter-t148149.html)

JEL523 08-26-2011 07:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My niece just turned 7 and she is in love with all things horse-related. Her favorite colors right now are fuscia and bright green. I did some practice FMQ on the front of the pillow and will be taking this to her in 3 weeks when we go to visit.

Also, my daughter picked out the fabric and described what she wanted in a bag (I had been making the Bow Tucks). I purchased the iron-on laminate for the interior so she can use this for her shopping.

Thanks for looking.

Front of Sydney's Pillow
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247225[/ATTACH]

Practice FMQ - Curling Feather
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247226[/ATTACH]

Back of Pillow - so the cover can be washed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247227[/ATTACH]

Rachel's bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247228[/ATTACH]

Inside of bag - laminated sides
[ATTACH=CONFIG]247231[/ATTACH]

rushdoggie 08-26-2011 07:24 PM

nice!

newestnana 08-26-2011 07:27 PM

Wow. Very nice!

Caroleen 08-26-2011 07:30 PM

Love the pillow and bag. Did a nice job. What pattern did you use for the bag? Never thought of laminating the fabric for the inside - good idea. Thanks for sharing.

soniboo 08-26-2011 07:33 PM

What a great girly pillow and pretty bag, both of them will love what you made for sure! :thumbup:

JEL523 08-26-2011 07:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Caroleen
Love the pillow and bag. Did a nice job. What pattern did you use for the bag? Never thought of laminating the fabric for the inside - good idea. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. I found the pattern/tutorial online but I don't remember where. I will try to attach it. I made mine a little longer because I knew my daughter wanted to use it as a shopping bag.

raedar63 08-26-2011 08:22 PM

those are beautiful, My neice would love the pillow,may I ask where you got the shilloette? (sp?)

Mariposa 08-26-2011 08:25 PM

Neat pillow, and terrific bag!

JEL523 08-26-2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
those are beautiful, My neice would love the pillow,may I ask where you got the shilloette? (sp?)

Thank you. I know I got the silhoutte online somewhere, but I can't remember where. Usually I just Google "horse silhoutte" or "horse coloring book pages" to find my outlines. I then print them off, transfer them to wonderunder, trim, iron on black fabric, and cut out the applique.

raedar63 08-26-2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JEL523

Originally Posted by raedar63

Thank you. I know I got the silhoutte online somewhere, but I can't remember where. Usually I just Google "horse silhoutte" or "horse coloring book pages" to find my outlines. I then print them off, transfer them to wonderunder, trim, iron on black fabric, and cut out the applique.

Great! I will be doing that for sure!