Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pillowcase quilt finished! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pillowcase-quilt-finished-t218329.html)

mighty 04-06-2013 06:06 AM

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

MartiMorga 04-06-2013 06:13 AM

Beautiful, love it.

quiltingnewbie 04-06-2013 06:15 AM

What a special project! It's absolutely lovely.

lfstamper 04-06-2013 06:15 AM

What a treasure to display! You did a great job.

tebill 04-06-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by QUILTNMO (Post 5980489)
its beautiful love the sashing fabric goes perfect with the embrodiery!!!

Thank you! Now to buy a new bed skirt! The one that is on the bed now looks so dark in the photo but is actually much lighter. But I think a white skirt would look nice.

tebill 04-06-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by grandmajuki (Post 5981020)
WOW!! you did a great job!!! I am so proud of you and your job!! Isn't it interesting your blocks look a lot like the blocks I quilted... have to be the same era...Your quilting looks great!!! would love a close up!!! Just beautiful!!!
judy

That's because I'm such a copycat! LOL! Judy, thanks so much for your help and encouragement. I love this quilt and it holds so many family memories for us. Now to get a new bed skirt! LOL!

homecaregiver 04-06-2013 07:20 AM

I love what you have done with the pillow cases. What a great way to infuse some of your heritage into your home.
Pat

mpspeedy2 04-06-2013 07:39 AM

A great way to preserve and display your families work. Hopefully one of your children will express an interest in caring for it when you are done.

LeeJay 04-06-2013 10:29 AM

I love your pillowcase quilt. I have been buying pretty embroidered pillowcases at thrift stores because I have wanted to make one of these quilts. I have a problem, though, in that these cases are in good condition except that some are somewhat "dingy" -- not white enough. Can anyone tell me what I can use for soaking and getting them the whitest white, without damaging the fabric, embroidery or crochet? Thanks.
LeeJay

tebill 04-06-2013 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by LeeJay (Post 5982241)
I love your pillowcase quilt. I have been buying pretty embroidered pillowcases at thrift stores because I have wanted to make one of these quilts. I have a problem, though, in that these cases are in good condition except that some are somewhat "dingy" -- not white enough. Can anyone tell me what I can use for soaking and getting them the whitest white, without damaging the fabric, embroidery or crochet? Thanks.
LeeJay

To be honest, I decided to use regular bleach to whiten mine. Most of my pillowcases were very white but I was worried about two of them. However, after bleaching which did no apparent damage, they were still a bit off colour. When we look at the finished quilt though, they look fine and it's not noticeable at all.