Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   pix of my 1st quilt, 2 of 2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pix-my-1st-quilt-2-2-a-t1999.html)

Mamapeach417 08-24-2007 08:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some of the pictures were a little crappy because I had to scan them in. I hope they meet with the high quality work I've seen here by all you wonderful quilters. :mrgreen:

Gift for my youngest brother, Scott who loves wolves & actually has one for a pet. (1/2 wolf, 1/2 dog)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]567[/ATTACH]

Josh, 1st son loves green.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588[/ATTACH]

Wedding gift for friends in England
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67158[/ATTACH]

ButtercreamCakeArtist 08-24-2007 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mamapeach417
Some of the pictures were a little crappy because I had to scan them in. I hope they meet with the high quality work I've seen here by all you wonderful quilters. :mrgreen:

Ha! I'm just an amateur, so I think your post should say "meets or exceeds"...your work is some of best I've seen!
Also, weren't Siberian Huskies just domesticated wolves? High wolf content (HAHAHA) anyway.

and... I love the line in your sig...SO TRUE!

Thanks for sharing these wonderful beauties!

Pam Pollock 08-24-2007 09:40 PM

Those are beautiful quilts! I think you have some hours into those. Very nice gifts! Thank you for sharing them. My SIL would love the wolf quilt!

Pam

patricej 08-25-2007 05:06 AM

they are all great. you should never hesitate to show your work! :P

my favorite is the storm at sea.

Moonpi 08-25-2007 05:25 AM

Beautiful, all of them. I have never made a syorm at sea, but your fabric choices were the best! Another entry on the long, long, long someday list.

Mamapeach417 08-25-2007 05:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. And yes, I do have a lot of hours into each. As for the wolf, here are a few of the closer -ups. I just loved the wolves running all around the edge.

I had the Storm at Sea on the quilt rack during one of our sons grad parties. Everyone came in to see it & thought it was moving. They also thought it was curved, but it's just an illusion. They're all straight lines. I think that's one of the things that attracted me to that pattern. Now my daughter wants one like it. She says she's outgrown the "little girl" flowers. :D

ccbear66 08-25-2007 06:04 AM

Great job on all of the quilts and thanks for sharing. I really like the storm at sea. I think that I'm going to have to find that pattern and do one of those. Keep up the great work.

isnthatodd 08-25-2007 06:17 AM

I love illusions, and your storm quilt is just that. What a beautiful job you did :D

mimisharon 08-25-2007 06:51 AM

Wonderful work! I love your color choices, fabric is really a work of heart art, isn't it?

Please show us your work, it's beautiful.

Sharon

lin 08-25-2007 07:44 AM

Oh goodie, more of your gorgeous quilts to view! I like them all so much I can't pick a favorite, although that storm at sea takes my breath away. I love the colors! I'm working on a mini-storm at sea in similar colors and it's a pain. Such little pieces to paper-piece. I many never finish it. :)

Keep em coming. I'm enjoying your work. :)