Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Polish girls and their quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/polish-girls-their-quilts-t205078.html)

justflyingin 11-04-2012 10:41 AM

The Polish girls and their quilts

6 Attachment(s)
A few months ago I posted a picture showing two girls who were working on their own charity quilts. Their dad died April 1 and their mom works some Sundays. They've been coming to our house on those Sunday afternoons that she works and I've been teaching them about sewing. They took a hiatus when their mom didn't work, and I just left the squares in their plastic bags. However, the last few weeks they have come. We continued to work each time a little on their quilts. We finished completely today! In a few minutes I will meet their mom at work with the girls and their quilts and take them home.

Here are the pictures. I'm pleased and I know they are!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374337[/ATTACH] Here is a closer look. She is 9 years old. I decided to make use of my newly acquired embroidery machine and sew their names on sashing. It is harder than it seems like it should be and was a great chance for me to get to know my machine! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374339[/ATTACH]

Angelika's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374341[/ATTACH]
She wanted hers tied. (Weronika wanted hers quilted.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]374342[/ATTACH]

Sample embroidery.[ATTACH=CONFIG]374343[/ATTACH]

Since I had several kids here this afternoon, we tied it rather quickly and I went ahead and finished it. Here is the group of helpers who got this tied quickly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]374344[/ATTACH]

Enjoy. These are recipients of charity quilts but they basically "helped make their own." I think they are both quite happy.

Luv Quilts and Cats 11-04-2012 10:43 AM

Looks like they had a lot of fun!

sniktasemaj 11-04-2012 11:21 AM

How nice! They must be so proud and it will go to a worthy cause.

kateyb 11-04-2012 11:27 AM

They did a good job on their quilts and they got to learn something that hopefully they will enjoy in their futures.

LoisM 11-04-2012 11:28 AM

I'm so very the girls had to go through the experience of losing their father. My heart goes out to them and their mother. I think it's wonderful that you have taken them under your wing and mentored them in the process of quilt making (and charity). God bless you.

GreatStarter 11-04-2012 11:44 AM

Clapping for them! They made lovely quilts and I really like how you added their names to their quilts. Good Job Girls!

Kat

dianna1234 11-04-2012 11:57 AM

Wonderful quilt and what a gift you gave them. They will remember this forever and have their wonderful quilt to show. Very nice of you to take the time to do this with them.

quilts4charity 11-04-2012 12:15 PM

That's so wonderful, they did a great job, bless you for passing along quilting to kids!!!!

Tartan 11-04-2012 12:55 PM

They did a great job! With winter coming on they can really enjoy their quilts. What a wonderful thing you are doing to teach the girls how to sew and to open your home to them while their mother is working.

PaperPrincess 11-04-2012 12:58 PM

They did a great job!
BTW, the embroidery machine use will get easier as you use it more, but there is some effort involved. A lot of people think it just does it without any intervention.