Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Pony Club quilt with a twist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/pony-club-quilt-twist-t260926.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 02-07-2015 09:10 AM

Wow, Works4Me, you really rocked that twist into a unique one of a kind quilt. Wonderful, delightful, and perfect made blocks that go into a great quilt. Thank you for sharing.

woodyandjake 02-07-2015 09:39 AM

Very cool, I have the book for both of them and intend to make them once things settle down, I love you're quilt.

feline fanatic 02-07-2015 09:57 AM

What a great quilt. I am really impressed you did your own batiks as well to get just the right fabric. The halloween theme is subtle but unmistakable. Very nice! If you send it off to a LAQ there are some fabulous spider and spider web pantos and digital designs out there.

Annz 02-07-2015 10:01 AM

Very nice indeed.

works4me 02-07-2015 10:07 AM

Thanks everyone.

feline fanatic - Thank you. That's what I was going for, subtle but undeniable. :) I will be quilting it on my home machine. I have already designed a single large spider web for it. As well as little dangling spiders for the border. I just hope I can pull it off.

QuiltE 02-07-2015 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 7081102)
...........I just hope I can pull it off..........

You can and you will!!!!!!!!!! :)

JeanieG 02-07-2015 11:33 AM

It was a delight to follow you one block at a time along this ride! It came together just beautifully, I love it! I cannot wait to see your spiderweb quilting designs. Congratulations on your marvelous finish! :thumbup:

liking quilting 02-07-2015 12:15 PM

Nicely done!

Anael 02-07-2015 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 7080882)
W4Me ... I am SO proud of you for taking the PC and W4Me-ing it to be all about YOU! :D You already know, that as you worked on it, how you helped others (yes, including me!) see Halloween themed quilts in a different light. That it's not all about bright orange and black, witches, ghosts and the like. That it can be achieved with subtlety, and in a well coordinated manner, not screaming at you. How clever for you to include your other love of cross-stitch. Perfect timing to find that pattern, then adapt it for your quilt, to use as the centre piece of your quilt.

We who followed your progress also benefited from your foresight as to how many colours can be "pulled" from one batik. It was amazing how that one sage constant seemed to change as you mixed and matched with other batiks, like a chameleon. The batiks present great seemingly calm movement, not rolling waves! And what a perfect choice to tie it together with the green sashings/borders to frame it up nicely, and pull together the sampler blocks well.

Congratulations! on a job well done!!!!!!!!!!
It's been a pleasure to be along with you for this journey. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I think she said it all ! ! ! ! After all her English is better than mine :D :D :D :D

So now we're all waiting for your first Jane blocks ! ! :) :)

BrendaK 02-07-2015 12:38 PM

Super. Love Batiks and this quilt is special. BrendaK